NINETEEN

KIANA DIOR ZARIA

"Elias?" I roam the house as I look around. I know Aurelle and Everest are gone, it's their anniversary and they're also going shopping for Aurelle's nephew. But where's Elias? His mom came home today, and she's been in her bed all day. I thought he would be home taking care of her but again, he's not here.

I enter random rooms, check his office but he's no where to be seen. I sit down on the couch, texting a few friends asking if they want to come over. Brandon decides to accept my offer, but I warn him that Elias might come home later than expected. A few minutes later he's in my town, driving to the empire.

I wait at the gate for him as I see his car pull into the driveway. I open the gate for him as he walks up to me after parking his car. I give him a hug as he gives me the basket of snacks he brought me. I walk him in the house as we sit on the couch, turning on a movie. "So," he starts as I take a bag of hot fries from the basket. "How have you been?" I look at him as if he's crazy.

"Getting spanked by a mafia owner isn't fun, Brandon." He raises an eyebrow at me. "Over a prank? It wasn't that serious." He sounds sassy just like Elias does. "I know, but apparently he doesn't like pranks as much as we do." I smile at him as his blue eyes light up. "How have you been?" I poke his chest as he grabs my hand. I take it back as I begin eating my chips again, listening to his every word.

The front door unlocks as Aurelle and Everest walk inside, Everests jaw clenching as soon as he sees Brandon. "He's just a friend, nothings going on between us." I reassure him as they walk upstairs. Aurelle waves him a hello before Everest grabs her neck, pulling her into their room as the door shuts.

"Wonder what they're doing." He smirks at me before I awkwardly laugh. "Yeah.." I fake smile getting up. "I should show you around yeah?" He nods as he gets up. I walk in to the kitchen, then near Everest and Elias's office but I don't go in. I show him the downstairs bathroom along with the garages and then the first aid room. I walk into their father's old room and label it as a guest room.

I walk upstairs, showing him the multiple rooms as the front door unlocks. Elias walks inside as I continue showing him around, trying to ignore the pair of hazel eyes staring into my back. I walk towards the main bedrooms which causes Elias to laugh a bit. I know it's him so I don't dare to look back. "This is Aurelle and Everests room, and this is my room, along with Elias's room." I walk inside to reveal the smell of expensive cologne, the huge closet and the bathroom.

"Who's this?" His hands snake around the back of my neck as I introduce them to each other. "Elias, this is Brandon. Brandon, this is Elias." I close my eyes as I let out a sigh. Elias downs the rest of the whiskey he had in his shot glass. "Nice to meet you." He mutters before walking out the room, into the bathroom.

"You should go." I tell him as he tilts his head. "Why?" I raise an eyebrow. "Him and his brother don't like you. If they wanted to they could give you an early grave." I warn as Elias walks back into the room, his gun slipping into his hands and tapping the side of my thigh.

He looks at the gun that's on my thigh before nodding and waving me goodbye. "Why are you so intimidating?" I sigh, turning to face him. "Why was he in my room?" I look up to him as I cross my arms over my chest. "Where were you? Hm?" I hear the front door close as I step closer to him, causing him to look away from me.

"Look at me, Elias." He clears his throat before sitting down on the bed. "Look at me." I grip his chin, forcing him to look at me as I straddle his lap. "Where were you?" He groans into my mouth as he kisses me, not saying a word once we release the kiss. "That's where I was." He answers, his eyes traveling down to what I was wearing. "You wore that near him?" He presses my head against his forehead.