TWENTY SIX

Fast forward about 2 months later...

~KIANA DIOR ZARIA~

My birthday is in a fucking day. And I'm so stressed.

When I say stressed, I mean stressed as in I'm not ready to be 23. Aurelle is already 23, and she said it was easy. She still gets her paychecks, and all that. But the thing is.. I'm just not ready. I'm already an adult, I've done birthday after birthday for 22 years. It's 11Pm right now and this is all I'm thinking about.

Disturbing my thought, Elias walks into the room as he eyes me up and down. "What's wrong?" He can tell by the expression on my face. "I'm not ready to be 23." I whisper into his chest. "We're not ready." I hold my stomach as he looks at me. "Why didn't you tell me?" Tears brim his eyes as I wipe them.

"Because I know your problems are more important than mine." He shakes his head. "No, Kiana. They're not. If you're pregnant with my kid, then it's my responsibility to become a father and provide for you both." A kiss lands on my temple as I smile into his chest. "I fucking love you both, and I know I don't say it often but I really do."

Tears stream down his face but no expression. I wipe them before climbing onto his lap, kissing his face as his arms wrap around my waist. "If you're not ready"- he cuts me off. "I'm ready, Kiana. I am." I smile once more before holding back tears. "You know, I never thought we would get this far." He holds my hand as we lay down together.

"This far?" He raises an eyebrow as I play with his hair while I sit on my knees. "Yeah. Like, I thought you would've left me by now. Just like everyone else did, but you didn't. I thank you for that." He smiles before dipping my head down for a kiss. "And I thank you, for not using me for my money, my time, and for genuinely loving me."

The clock strikes midnight as I look out the window. "I'm finally 23." He sits up as he takes me downstairs, presents bombarding the whole living room. "Thought I would make it special yeah?" I rush downstairs as I begin unwrapping everything, holding the clothes, shoes, perfume and much more in my hands as he lifts me into his arms. We enter the kitchen as I see all my favorites, chocolate dipped strawberries and more.

"Oh. My. God." I breathe as I see a new puppy, a Siberian husky. "I fucking love huskies, how did you know?!" He laughs. "The dog you had on your wallpaper must've told me." I laugh along as the dog travels upstairs, and I sit down. "This really is special." I say, eating a plate of food as his coat wraps around me. "I tried." He whispered before sitting next to me.

"Could we go somewhere tomorrow?" He raises an eyebrow as he nods, watching me finish my 2nd plate before going upstairs. He follows close behind, shutting off the hallway lights as we walk into our room. "You never told me how the date with the random waiter and Aurelle went." He says as I rest on my knees.

"Oh yeah! Okay so basically," I say as he relaxes. "So, she got ready that morning and you know, said bye to everyone and started going to the date. She asked me to go with her but when we got there he ended up just wanting to be with her so I went shopping." He raises an eyebrow. "Is that why my card was charged with thousands of dollars?" I laugh as I continue telling the story.

"But she told me they went to a garden and they had lunch, some of her favorites and some of his. Sounds cute but I wasn't after he tried to make her come home with him." He laughs as I cover his mouth. "Let me finish!" I say as he nods. "So I pulled back up and she was trying to walk away but the wasn't letting her."

"So, being the best friend that I could be, I pulled out the gun from the glove box that we packed and drew it towards him, and ended up getting stabbed." I show him the scar on my side. "And you didn't tell me?" He exclaims as he sits up. "Other than that he's a nice guy. Is what she told me in the hospital." He rolls his eyes as Aurelle walks into the room.

"I think I'm pregnant."

~~~

"So?" I lean against the wall as Elias holds up my stomach. "It's a boy, but I'm scared because I don't think Everest is ready to be a dad." I pat her back. "If he has the energy to fuck you dumb shit crazy, he was the energy to be a dad." She laughs as she holds my hand.

"Thank you." She says before I rush to the bathroom, sitting over the toilet as Aurelle holds my hair up, knowing what's happening. I thank her as I brush my teeth flushing the toilet and laying down with her once I exit the bathroom. Elias and Everest walk into the room, handing us snacks because they left earlier.

"Thank you!" I say as I hug him, placing a kiss on his cheek as Everest does the same.

"I love you." Elias whispers before going downstairs as I turn on the TV, playing "Mean Girls." We watch the movie before the two men start yelling downstairs. We don't care though as we begin doing our nails, gossiping about people we met, laughing and just having girl talk.

Elias walks back into the room as Aurelle and I clean our mess, pausing the movie and seeing the they want because Everest walked in too. "Something is going to happen tomorrow." Everest starts before Elias shuts him up by jabbing him in his side. "Go to sleep you too." Elias says as I smile, patting the side of the bed next to me as we snuggle into bed, falling asleep.

————————————————————————————
~THANK YOU FOR READING!~

Last chapter is the next one 👅.

BYEEEE || LAYAH