💙Fate|Iida

Written on- 01/15/2024, ~ 01/30/2024|Number of words- 3567

WARNING- Talk of depression, anxiety, suicidal thoughts and actions. Please DO NOT read if this upsets you.

Fate is the inevitable, the destiny you don't know about, the reason for events and feelings. Everything happens for a reason... at least that's what Y/n tells himself daily. Y/n seems to be a very unlucky person, some might even say fate is out to get him. Why? He doesn't know but knows how to make something out of nothing. He can always find a silver lining, the good side of things even if it is the worst day he's ever had. Speaking of worst days, that's where this starts.

Monday-

Y/n wakes up to the sound of his phone ringing. He groans but opens his eyes and grabs his phone anyway. He looks at it and sees one of his friends blowing up his phone. He opens the messaging app and looks at the messages.

Friend- Y/n!

Friend- Answer

Friend- It's important!!

Friend- Shit I just realized the time... 

Friend- Wake UP!!!!

Friend-  WAKE UP!!!!

Friend- Wake up before I come to your house and wake you myself!

That was the newest message his friend sent.

Y/n- Dude, what is so important that you have to wake me up at six am on my day off???

Friend- Well, Um

Y/n- come on spit it out

Friend- Monama is cheating on you!

Y/n- What? How do you know that?

Friend- I caught him and Clara kissing at a party last night...

Y/n- Oh... Okay... Thank you...

Friend- You good?

Y/n- Yeah, everything happens for a reason! :)

Friend- If you need to talk I am here.

Y/n- Thank you Rin.

Y/n sighs putting his phone down. He gets up and goes to the bathroom to take a long shower. He is halfway through his shower when his phone starts ringing again.

"God damn it," Y/n says to himself. He gets out of the shower and wraps a towel around his waist. He grabs his phone and answers it.

"Hello? Y/n speaking" Y/n says into the phone.

"Hey Y/n, it's Lilah can you cover my shift? I caught something and feel like crap" Lilah says and Y/n internally sighs.

"Yeah, I can do that, don't worry about it. Feel better soon" Y/n says.

"Thank you," Lilah says before hanging up.

"She did not sound sick at all..." Y/n says to himself annoyed.

"Oh well, it's whatever. She works at eight so I will finish my shower and get ready." Y/n says to himself. He gets back in the shower and washes up. He gets out and puts on his uniform. A simple blue polo and brown pants. He walks out of his apartment and down the street to his work. He walks in and goes to the back. He notices the morning rush of the workday has started so he goes back fast clocking in and grabbing an apron. He walks behind the counter and takes over making the drinks. The rush ends thirty minutes later and Y/n leans against the counter tired.

"Hey Y/n, why are you here? Aren't you supposed to be off today?" Nova asks and Y/n nods.

"I was but Lilah called and asked me if I could cover her shift so here I am," Y/n explains.