Second best

A Desert duo story

It actually hurts me to write a session from someones POV and not write the real story (plot) why am I even writing the POV sessions...?😭

I PROMISE THE NEXT STORY WILL BE FLOWER HUSBANDS ITS JUST TAKING AWHILE (I'm physically hurting from writing the flowers husbands thing its taking forever but I really wanna do it (I'm writing the session POV (not the plot) and its taking me years to just finish one sentence) ) 😭(this story is just to not keep you waiting that long) 

The story was inspired by the song Second best by Laufey :D lyrics ⬇

I'll never forget how stupid in love I felt
I'll always regret how I couldn't ever tell
That you walked a little faster, left me behind
Kissed me with somebody else in mind
I loved you so much
That I settled for less
Oh, you were my everything
I was your second best, mm
Lying awake, I'd watch as you'd dream at night (dream at night)
Nightingale singing half-hearted lullabies
Well, you swung me around in that midsummer dance
Held me in close as you thought of your past
I love way too much
Oh, this hurts to confess
Oh, you were my everything
I was your second best
You've given me nothing to miss
Honestly, life has been much better since
I spoke to you last
Why am I still wondering
If I stand a chance or if you'd have me back?
Everyone warned me you were a bad idea
I never listen
Maybe I will next year
When I've walked a little further into my life
Fallen in love and left you behind
But I'm still a little in love with this mess
Oh, you were my everything
I'm just your second best
Mm
Second best

This first half will probably be really boring for a lot of you guys it's just a recap of the first season (Grian POV) just skip til you see a photo and that's when the story really comes in :D

As the 14 participants spawned in this new world, they realized for the third time that they were part of a bigger game, orchestrated by the watchers. Only three people could remember what had happened before, while the others had their whole memories wiped clean. The game was meant to entertain the watchers and the participants were mere puppets who were expected to follow the rules of the game. This was the third time the participants played these mini-games and they had no idea when it would end and whether they could finally be free. 

The only information given to the participants was that they were soulbound to another person. This meant that if one person gets hurt, the other would feel the pain, and they had three lives each. No one knew what would happen if they died three times, the consequences being unknown, but it was clear that the stakes were high, and they would have to be cautious in order to survive the game. 

Grian was the only person who knew what happened when they died or won the game. The other person who had previously won the game, Scott, had his memories wiped clean. This meant that those who had participated in the game previously could no longer share insight on what would happen if they succeeded or failed, making it even more challenging for the participants. Grian had won the game before and had been spared from having his memories wiped clean. This made him a valuable source of information for the current participants, but he was only able to share so much, keeping some information hidden.

As Grian was walking around trying to find resources to help him survive in the game, he encountered SmallishBean, otherwise known as Joel. "Joel!" Grian yelled from across the river that separated the two of them, thinking he had found his soul mate. However, when he punched Joel to see if they were soulmates, they turned out not to be, leaving him disappointed and more alone in this strange game. 

While Grian was exploring the new place more, he came across two people, Scott and Ren, who were both looking down on a zombie spawn they had found. Grian talked to them both and punched them to see if they were soulmates, but they weren't and he continued looking around. He felt increasingly lonely and isolated in this new world, having not yet been able to find his soulmate. He was beginning to feel frustrated and desperate, wondering if he would ever find his other half.