Chapter 28

I feel like I am having a heart attack

I stare at Ocean from behind Alessio and I feel something in me dies, like a flicker of candle light blown off.

I take in her looks,she is wearing a white shirt, her blond hair disheveled matching Alessio's ,now I am noticing that.

"What are you doing here Aspen? Still desperate for a man who doesn't love you anymore. He is mine now darling so back off or things won't get pretty"she says hugging him from behind.

I pray, hoping this all a lie and that he'll take her hand off him but he says nothing.

I just stare at them like a fool, allowing my tears to break free.

"You....no...I can't...you didn't...you..you slept with her"I ask shakily, hoping it is all in my head.

I feel like I am losing my mind.

"And how is that your business,he is mine now,we can do whatever we want"Ocean taunts.

"Por favore Alessio,answer me"I beg, literally.

I am really shaking, maybe I am about to have a seizure.

"Why are you here Aspen?"Alessio asks looking at me tiredly,as if I was a nuisance interrupting them.

I nod and shakily hand over the phone to him. He looks confused for a moment and then presses play.

I watch as he face morphs into different type of emotion through out the entire time he is watching the footage.

Ocean also looks shocked when she sees everything,

The final emotion in his eyes finally brings me to my knees.

Regret.

He did it. Alessio Mozzi finally broke me.

"You...you slept with her. I came here thinking you would watch the footage and we'll be back together but I was a fool,mom was right,you not believing me was a red flag at first sight."I smile bitterly as the tears escape from my eyes.

His eyes glistening with tears and he takes a step towards me. I raise my hands to stop him,his face fills with sorrow and regret.

"You win Bryanna. You can have him now. He is all yours"I raise my hands in surrender,my white flag is up in the air.

"No...no..mi amore.."Alessio begins to say but I am already leaving,he can have the freaking phone.

I cover my mouth with my hands trying to not yell in pain or not puke. Maybe both.

"Mi amore,wait!"Alessio yells after me and before I knew it he grabs my arms halting my steps.

"Please baby,I am so sorry, please forgive me. I love you,I let jealousy get the best of me,I let Ocean get into my head. Please baby, let's talk"he pleads going down on his knees.

"No! Funny how you now want us to talk. When I begged for just five minutes with you,you shut me out! You were disgusted by me. I begged you,I pleaded. You went ahead and slept with my niece, someone who hates me so much. You broke me Alessio and I am done"I  tell him.

"Please,por favore,por favore "he says trying to touch me but I step back and away each time.

"I told you to never hurt me but you did. I told you I have never been inlove,that you were my first but you hurt me. You brought my worst fear to life and I don't think I can forgive you ever again"I tell him and turn around running away without looking back.

I hear him yell after me but I am already inside and ask the security to not let him inside.

I meet my mom and she immediately knows everything with one look in my eyes.

.

"Is that The last bag?"mom asks and I nod.

I am leaving today,I am going back to the USA. I can't stay here one more day.

I need to speak to someone before I lose my mind. Mom hasn't left my side,she is afraid I'll do something drastic.

Dad is packing our things into the car because I am not talking to him.

He is dying to speak to me but I don't give him a chance. Mom told him what happened when I went to see Alessio.

I guess he can't reprimand his little wife.

I descend the stairs with mom and at the bottom is Piper and Dario.

Ocean is still not in the house,it better stays that way. Because I might kill her when I see her.

I stop Infront of Piper, she has her usual blank face.

I need to get this out of my chest.

"Why do you hate? I never did anything wrong to you so I don't understand why you don't like me?"I ask

She looks surprise for a moment but recovers quickly.

"I...I don't hate you"she mutters.

"Yes you do. Ever since I was a kid,I always wanted your affection, your attention, just a tiny bit would have been enough for me but you kept pushing me away, always siding with Ocean even when she was wrong."I say

"I am sorry,I am so sorry if I ever wronged you. I am sorry for existing in your life,I am sorry for being born,I am sorry for having the childhood you wanted but never had. I am sorry for almost ruining your marriage. It must hurt a lot huh, seeing me enjoy the childhood you never had. I don't know what if feels like but I  don't want to be in the situation either,I am the exact copy of my mom and seeing me reminds you of everything in the past. I know everything Piper,mom told us everything,I am not going to say what she did was right,It was wrong on so many levels and it hurts. If I were in your shoes, shit would have gone down,I don't think I can cope with someone taking dad away from me. I don't even know how I'll react if mom's happiness is in danger but you went through it all alone and never showed an emotion. You were an hypocrite for criticizing Annalise but I understand your reason for keeping quiet. You always thought about dad's happiness before yours and I admire you for that. I simply just want to say I am sorry for existing and starting from today,you wouldn't hear anything about me or from me anymore. I am disappearing out of your life forever Piper,no one should be forced to like or love someone,I shouldn't be pushed down your throat. It all over, Piper. It was nice knowing you. I love you"I smile and walk away.

Everyone was stunned, especially Piper,I could see her ice breaking,but everything I said was the truth.

No body should be forced to love someone. I love Piper,she is my sister but  I have come to terms that she would never love me.

I have gotten the closure I needed to move on from here.

I plan to be invisible from now onwards.

I give Dario a final hug before getting into the car.

It was a cruel yet happy summer.