𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫:-9

Author POV-

"Jungkook? Is th-that my lip balm?" Irene asked as she witnessed her lip balm inside jungkook's drawer.

"U-uh yeah,my lips felt a bit dry, s-so I uh- used it." Jungkook's voice, trembled as he lied through his teeth. It was because, he was fascinated by it. It was because HE wanted it.

"But, it's colored kook. People will laugh at you if you wear a women's lip balm." Irene joked but the latter clearly did not like it.

"Yeah, are you some kind of 1930's woman? It's the 21st century for God sake Irene!! So what if- what if I applied it? So what if I like pink? So what if I'm fucking gay?!" Was what he wanted to say. But instead,

"Haha, y-yeah." With a nervous smile on his lips.

Author POV-

Taehyung sighed, looking at the ratings of his new launch. Many people liked the jwelleries, because it was simple and cute. However, a few of them thought that this was not it. Many of the influencers, criticised his brand and this was just a cherry on top.

"Sir, the sales are not rising enough " mingyu, his assistant, manager said.

"Well, I have my own eyes and I can see that. Do you have anything else to say?" His temper shot up. Taehyung was always short tempered, another reason why people did not want to date him.

"N-no si-"

"Then get the fuck out." And as if on cue, a man, walked in just as mingyu was about to leave.

"Am I interrupting?" Taehyung immeadiately recognised his voice and looked up to find the same man, with doe eyes and cherry lips, which were now rose up in a nervous smile.

Even though, he did not want to sound excited, his acting skills were put to the test.

"Yes. Would you mind to take him out as well?" Taehyung replied and turned his rotating chair back with a frown on his face.

First, were the tension of his brand and now the younger also did not help him by showing up at that particular time.

"Yo chill out. I just needed to give theee papers. Apparently u needed them? Irene could not make it since she was busy. So, she asked me." Jungkook stated, clearly bothered by the older's attitude.

"Mingyu, please leave." Taehyung odered and he left almost immediately.

"Sit." Was all the latter spoke and jungkook obliged.

"Do you wanna have anything?"

"Coffee?"

"Okay." After a call from his secretary, Taehyung's eyes now went up to the younger who was scanning his office with a curious look.

"You like black don't you?"

"Hmm. What color do you like?"

"Lavendar and grey."

"Okay."

"Okay?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"Go ahead Taehyung. Laugh at me. Everyone does when I tell them and I guess you're no different?" Jungkook chuckled bitterly but soon composed himself when he saw the questioning eyes.

"And why is that?" Taehyung asked completely oblivious.

"Well, lavender is a color that girls like so-"

"So you thought that I'll laugh at you because u like that color? Color has no gender kook. And so what if you like that color? I like stuffed animals, pink and fluffy ones and people laugh at me too. Did I get affecetd by them? In this world there is a thing called mentality jungkook. And a strong mentality equals to a strong, inner self."

Jungkook suddenly felt himself getting confident by Taehyung's words. The way the man spoke so differently than others made jungkook completely feel better about himself. It was like, he found somone who he could talk to. In other words, he found his guardian angel. But a different one.

"Taehyung, if you want, I can get you some of my old stuffies. Would you want that? I can wash it and give it to you. I don't need them now "

"Really? Thank you so much koo" This was the first time the younger saw this version of the older. He wanted to see the smiling elder always. The way his cheeks lifted up when he spoke about the things he liked, the way his eyes would shine while mentioning stuffed toys, always made him feel like protecting the older from this cruel world.

"Why were you so upset a few moments ago?" Jungkook asked as he sipped his warm coffee and looked at the older. But he soon regretted asking that question when he saw how the older's demenaor changed instantly.

"People didn't like my new jewellery design. They said it was too plain and boring. And the sales are also not going up. I feel like a f-failure?" With a questioning tone, his eyes now turned completely blank.

"Who said that? I think it's quite eye catching hyung." Jungkook spoke and Taehyung averted his gaze from his cup and looked over to notice the younger wearing the bracelet that launched this month.

"J-jungkook-"

"J-jungkook-"

"Hyung, didn't you say that it was our mentality that created a strong inner self? Then why are you getting affected by their poor mindsets? I love this bracelet as much as I love yo- I mean the brand. So please, don't get affected by them. And truly cherish the true fans who love it "

Taehyung smiled as he saw how the younger just lightened up his mood with such simple words.

"Repeat after me hyung,"

"No matter who we are.."

"No matter what we do, say, or wear,"

"No matter what we do, say, or wear "

"No matter how many awful things people puke out.."

"No matter how many awful things people puke out,"

"Just reply with a sassy, "yes, and?"

"Just reply with a sass,"yes, and?"

And they both laughed at their insanity. In moments like these, both of them felt the need for each other, even though, they did not say,

Actions really do speak louder than words and they proved it. The immense love each of them had for each other, proved it. But however, they had their own life, their own personal problems to handle and just a simple meet up, could cure moments for a few hours.

I'm alive. Thank you for more than 200 reads because the story line is actually so crap according to me and I hate it. However, it also somehow secured a very special place in my ❤️