𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫:-25

Author POV-

It's deeper than it seems. The love Taehyung holds for jungkook is much deeper than words can define and vice versa. Jungkook couldn't hope for anything more other than the latter. However, jungkook did not want to regret his relative with Irene. They were in love, at some point of time but that "love" was not seen anywhere in the later years.

And Jungkook finally realised how toxic it had become between them both when he was outside his own wife's house, which was theirs in the past. Taking in a deep breath, he knocks on the door gently, suddenly forgetting that they did have a doorbell.

The door opened and he saw a very tired looking Irene, who had eye bags under her eyes, not seeming to meet anyone's gaze. She did not look up whatsoever, just staring at the floor with emotionless eyes and a stoic face.

"Whoever, you are, please get lost." She spoke and was about to close the door when a hand prevented her from doing so.
"I will, but after you sign the divorce papers."

Hearing his voice made Irene instantly look up, not believing that she actually was seeing her husband in front of her after so many months. She smiled weakly, eyes glazing with unshed tears and longinngness.

"J-jungkook? Is- that you? I- I mean-"

"I'm not here to get back together if you are thinking so Irene. I wouldn't want to make the same mistake again. These are the divorce papers and I hope you sign them soon. He says, eyes glaring at her weak ones, handing her the papers with finality.

She looked at him and widened her eyes, not wanting to belive what was actually happening.

"N-no! You can't divorce me! It's- it's a decision both the partners have to make and I reject this offer! And what about jeongin? Hm? Isn't it wrong to separate the mother from her child-"

"CHILD? child you say? Where was that motherly love when he wanted to spend some time with you? Where was that motherly love when he wanted you to come to his annual day too? Don't speak bullshit if you don't want to get slapped Irene! You don't have the right to even look at my son's face!"

Jungkook shouts at her in anger, eyes blazing with fire. He felt so fucking tired of her ridiculous manipulation game and sweet words. He was over. He wanted nothing more than to part their ways.

"I hope the papers are signed." With that, jungkook walks out of "their house" not caring about Irene's pleadings and shouts. He has had enough. Even though he did not know what could happen to his life, he felt relief, but scared at the same time.

Taehyung POV-

"Good morning tete!" My angel greeted in a high pitched voice and I smiled. Pecking her forehead lovingly I saw jeongin sitting on the couch watching tv, but did not see him. Where could he possibly be? Today was a Sunday. Did he go to the market? Thoughts kept entering in my head and I could not help but to overthink.

Sighing to myself, I asked the kids to watch thier cartoons quietly so that k could have some peace of my own. You see, kids are a bundle of joy, but they can be a bundle of nuisance too.

Specially JIwon. Since she is close to turning 3, she's really starting to be more mischievous. Like, drawing on my face, slapping Jungkook's face with her cute hands, and so much more. She has been my eternal Sunshine but of course, jeongin is quite the champ too. Which reminds me, that Jungkook is still not here.

Should I text him?

Jungkook POV-

Was it for the best? I think so. Do I regret divorcing her? No. Then that should answer all of my problems. Irene was, is and always will be my problem. And I'm glad I'm free. But that still does not mean I can be not guilty. Jeongin will not get his motherly love and I'm the reason. I won't have an answer to his "where is eomma?" Question. Instead, I'd have to lie like I always did.

All of these problems make me try to drown deeper in guilt. I feel like crying. But I certainly can't. Not when I took this decision upon myself.

I was sitting on the nearby bench, taking in the light breeze of the park. All these thoughts only make me realise that I'm an overthinker.

I flinched when I realised someone was calling me. Searching for it, I saw his name on my lock screen.

"H-hello?"

"Where are you koo?"

"I-i- uh, I've actually come for some work with jimin. I'm at his house right now."

I closed my eyes, another guilt of lying to my only love, eating me from the inside.

"I don't think so koo." This voice, it felt,so- so close that I had to turn around. I saw his tear filled eyes and a small hurt smile accross the road. He looked at me, as if reading me and I already felt the urge to cry.

Running upto me, he engulfed me in his warm comforting embrace. And maybe that's what I needed to cry my heart out, pouring evrything out that seemed so small to the world, but so ginormous to me. For the first time In my life, have I felt so good to cry. Thank you Taehyung.
.
.
.
.

.

.

Author POV-

Detaching from the hug, both of them awkwardly sit beside each other, eyes too shy to meet. Taehyung grabs a water bottle from the bag he bought and gives it to Jungkook, who drinks it immediately.

"Thank you." He says. After finally calming down, the elder motions the latter to speak, and so jungkook does.

"I divorced her. I- it's not because of what you said. I mean- it is but with other reasons too. Not gonna lie, I'm scared, and I'm guilty. Scared because I don't know what's going to happen to my life and guilty because I will not have an answer to jeongin's questions about his mom. But I've taken it upon myself to figure that out. I'm trying to cope up with what's happening and I know it's not gonna happen so soon. So please just stay by my side and help me to - h-heal?" Jungkook finishes, ending the last word with softness.

Taehyung just smiled, happy that the younger one opened up to him . Of course he will always be by the younger side. He can do anything for his jungkook. God that sounded too good in his brain.

"Yes of course koo. I'll be there by your side in times of need okay? Just please don't disappear like this again. It creeped me out."

Jungkook chuckled. Jeon jungkook was chuckling because of kim Taehyung. That alone made Taehyung kiss the younger's face who was laughing even more now. And jungkook knew he could never be more happy than he already was. He made the right choice. Staying with Taehyung, made him happy. Staying with him like the family they were, made both of them happy.

They never felt so alive, so in love, all thanks that they each other in this lonely world, with their little munchkins. They were one happy, family.

It was thier own kind of love.

This book has finally come to an end. There will be an epilogue so stay tuned !! ❤️