𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫:-18

Author POV-

"W-what!?"

"Yeah. I love your child jungkook. He's the prettiest little soul ever. So why can I not adopt him as my own? I admit that in the past, I never wanted a child. But now, having my own little angel I couldn't think of not having one. So, what do you say?" Taehyung honestly replied, as he saw how jungkook's face screamed confusions and commitments dor which he wasn't ready.

"Ca-can I have some time?" Jungkook muttered as he saw how Taehyung immeadiately smiled and nodded.

"You're always welcome to my house jungkook. I won't call it home, since you aren't there, but, I would like to call it someday or the other." Taehyung said, and he chuckled seeing jungkook's blushing face. He hasn't still changed did he? It was all the same, just a bit more complicated. Just a bit more, forbidden.

.
.
.
.

"Where were you? And where is Jeongin?" The first thing jungkook heard when he entered the house was his wife's questions.

"Are you so clueless? Guessed it. He's at kindergarten if you remember? Or I think you're drunk ass won't." Jungkook said, his tone very obviously rude and irritated.

"Y-you aren't mad about earlier are you kook? I- I just got this after party and I did not want to drink! I swear, but my friends made me do so-"

"How long will you lie to yourself Irene? For how long will you convince yourself that you're actually not a drunkard and that you are perfectly fine? You have gone insane. It's like you're just a teenager who just knows drugs and money. We have a son, a job and a family to look after. Please fix yourself before you ruin somone else."

"What?! I'm not a fucking drunkard jungkook. I know I have a son. Just what do you mean by those false allegations?"

Irene shouted, tears of rage and anger pouring out from her eyes. She felt nervous, anxious, everything all at once.

"Oh, so were playing that way? Okay. False allegations doesn't always mean that you can frame yourself into believing that. You know what? We're fucking toxic. This relationship where were just here for our child is fucking toxic. I actually have no answers when Jeongin asks why we always fight. It's actually my fault too. Why don't we just file a devorce-"

"NO!" d-don't say that kook. I'm begging you. I have no one besides you. Think about Jeongin for once. How will he d-deal with this? He's ju-just five?" Irene pleaded, her manipulation skills off to work. She wanted him, by hook or by crook.

"I'm not listening to that shit. Were having a devorce and that's final. Jeongin will be more or less affected by our fights, if anything. So problem's solved. And I'm not putting effort into basically nothing because, THIS FUCKING RELATIONSHIP IS NON-EXISTENT." jungkook's voice dead and cold really made Irene believed that it was serious. More than anything else.

"I-its it because of that mother fucker?"

"And that is?"

"T-taehyung?" Silence. Irene knew enough. She saw his guilty eyes scanning the room but not even glancing at her.

"So you're leaving me, your first love for a cheap bastard like him?-"

"STAY IN YOUR LIMITS!- he's much more sophisticated and kind. Unlike you, who doesn't even know If it's day or night. I won't hesitate to slap you if I hear any word about the man I..i- love"

"So I really lost huh? I really lost to a fucking asshole? Did he get you satisfied well enough to leave me-" and that was when she got a painful slap on her face. She looked towards him, tears provoking and thoughts evoking but jungkook did not care. He could not bear hearing those disgusting words about someone he loved all his life.

"I- I cannot believe I loved somone like you Irene. I should've left you sooner, if not for my conscience.  " and with that jungkook left the house not caring about Irene's shouts.

A house that was now not his, neither was his son's.

In the heat of the moment, jungkook realised that he actually had nowhere to go, since jimin was at his parents' town and he would not return for weeks.

"Will I have to sleep on the road today? Wait, JEONGIN?"
.
.
.
.

"Wh-where is d-dada?" Little Jeongin muttered to himself as he saw how his friends all had atleast one parent besides them. He realised that his father was late, or he thought that he maybe forgot him.

"D-did he forget me?" His innocent words made the teacher near him chuckle at his cuteness. They couldn't get enough of him, even if he was the brattiest of all.

But soon his pouted lips formed into a wide bunny smile as he saw how his father came running towards him in a hurry.

"B-baby? Did I make you wait for a long time? Appa's here now. Were you scared?" Jungkook dropped questions to his little boy who just shook his head with a smile.

"Ani- appa! I'm the bravest boy in the whole world!" Jeongin shouted gleefully and jungkook chuckled. He soon picked up the boy in his arms and thanked the teachers who looked after him.

Walking with hand in hand, jungkook sighed as he had nowhere to go now. He kneew Taehyung wouldn't mind even if he crashed in his house but he had nowhere to go now. So the first thing he did was message the older.

Koo koo
Hie!"

Within an instant, Taehyung replied.
                                        Tae bear
"Jungkook? Are you okay? Do you need anything?"

Koo koo

Actually I had a favour but I'm embarrassed-
                                Tae bear
Why are you embarrassed-it's just me Jeon. I'm here for you.

Koo koo
Uhm, Can I stay at your house for this weekend? I promise I won't be staying for more than a day. But it's urgent could you PLEASE help?"
                             Tae bear
Ye ofc jungkook. Come over and bring Jeongin with you too. He would love to play with my angel.!

Koo koo

Okay. See you soon!!"

Seen 10 mins ago.

Exams are near guys. I'll update once I'm done with it. Don't forget your author pookies!! 🥹🫶