Quiet Prom Night

"I can't believe I'm going to prom" I smiled in the mirror fixing my tie.

"What?! Why?" Gerard was sitting on my bed tying his converses.

"I just laughed at prom. I thought and still think that it's bullshit. It's more bearable when I have you by my side" Gerard walked behind me and I pulled his waist into me making him giggle. 

We did each others eyeliner and made our way out to one of the most "amazing" night of our lives. I put that in inverted commas because I know everything is fake and full of shit. Everyone there is going to be bitching after they get drunk and I know for certain that some girls are going to get pregnant. In a way I wish proms were like in movies, they're happier. I will try my best to not bring Gerard down with my negative mood. Prom means a lot to him as he's into all the romance. I will try my best too sweep him off his feet.

We walked towards the school as it was a few blocks away and we wanted to take our time. We held hands openly for awhile now in school, some people were freaked out but I was surprised how other people accepted it. 

I could feel Gerard's nerves as he held my hand. My hand was wet with Gerard's sweat but I didn't mind. I looked over to him to see him taking deep breaths. I squeezed his hand to reassure him. He looked over and smiled.

"Are you okay?" I said quietly as we got closer to the school.

"Yeah, yeah just nervous and excited." 

I stopped walking and held both of Gerard's hand "Gee, tonight might not go to plan, whether the prom is shit or something happens and I know I promise not to be negative and I'm not I'm just putting a heads up. I love you and I know this means a lot to you. If this prom lets you down, I will do everything I can to make this night better. Whether we go back to mine or something else, okay?" Gerard nodded and we walked on.

We finally got to the school, music could be heard from outside, of course shit music- shit never mind, no negative thoughts. We got our photo take and walked into the massive hall which was full of balloons and lights. I looked over to see Gerard's jaw drop and staring at everything. Man, I could look at him forever. 

"Wanna get something to drink?" I shouted loudly over the music 

"Okay" Gerard replied. 

We both got drinks, we looked on and watched the people reactions to the over decorative room. People started dancing to slow music and I knew Gerard would be dying to get there and try. I took deep breath and stood up went over to him.

"My lady, would you care for a dance?" I asked in a posh British accent. Gerard giggled and hooked his arm through mine. We both made our way to the dance floor. Gerard wrapped his arms around my neck and mine around his waist. We started swaying side to side.

"Thank you Frankie" He blushed looking at me with his hazel eyes reflecting off the lights.

"For what?" 

"This. Trying. I know your grinding your teeth through this but you're really not showing it. I'm having an amazing time with you" He smiled sweetly at me 

I rested my head on his shoulder and he did as well. I have to admit, it felt nice holding each other and swaying to the music, it comforted me. Gerard smelt so good as well. I was tempted to kiss and suck his skin but I knew that was his weak spot and he would lose it. I didn't want him in that way tonight. I didn't want the horny, naughty Gerard that I usually saw when we were this close. I started enjoying the passionate gentle Gee. 

For most of the night we just danced to the music, not saying a word. Once the night started getting messy as I predicted, we headed home. We went back to my place, stripped and got into bed snuggling. Gerard's body was so warm and smooth and just wanted to stay like this forever. We watched some Netflix until Gerard was softly snoring on my chest. I know that this is the guy I want to marry. Is it weird I already have the ring to say I want to spend the rest of my life with you?