Why you nice to me- part 3

I woke up in a better mood than I usually do. I don't know whether it was because I knew I wasn't going to get beaten up by Gerard or if I was just in a random good mood, but I liked it. The only thing that was stressing me out is that I was so confused. Everything was messed up. Before I knew where I stood. I was the quiet trouble kid that no one gave a shit about. I was used to it. I was able to deal with it, but now? I have no idea where I was. 

I keep thinking what Gerard said that he wants to "break the image" but I don't know if I believe him. It's so easy to say things but when it comes to actually doing them that's a totally different story. I know today was going to be hard for him because he will either confront his friends or he'll ignore me and apologize to me later. I think I know which road it's going to go. I'm not going to be naive about this. If he screws me around I'm not going to help him. I got screwed around enough to know that I will be the one hurt in the end.

I got up from bed and pulled on some clean clothes. I brushed my hair and messed it up again.

"Good hair day" I said smiled to myself in the mirror. 

I applied some eyeliner and made my way to school to see Gerard walking ahead. I jogged up to him to see him staring at the ground. I didn't want to crush him with questions as I'm still pretty scared of how he can snap sometimes. We walked in silence, not a word shared between each other. 

"I don't think I can do it" Gerard whispered 

I looked at him, knowing exactly what he was talking about.

"What?" My good mood was tainted by the words of Gerard Way, like usual.

"I'm going to get mocked. All my friends are going to laugh at me. I won't be able to deal with it." Gerard looked at me for the first time and I could see fear in his eyes.

"But, you said you didn't care what people thought of you anymore? You said they weren't really your friends" I could hear my voice getting higher as I talked. 

"I know, but ..... I'm scared, Frank" Gerard pushed back his red hair.

I fucking knew this was going to happen. I knew he would back out of this. But of course I'm going to look like an asshole if I leave him now.

"Gerard, do you want to break your image or not?" I sighed

"Frank,  I just want to be with you. I don't give a fuck about my image, I just said that so you wouldn't turn me down. I like the friends I have,  yes there idiots but they're still my friends" Gerard stopped walking, he looked around, paranoid that someone would see him with me.

"Gerard, fuck you" I snapped I knew exactly what he wanted to do.

"I know what you want. You want to hang around with me but in private.  You want to ignore me in school but then you want me to be there when you need my help. You want to maintain your image. You don't want to break it. You want both worlds. Screwing fucking you Gerard. Why did I bother even listening to you. I knew you were full of shit but I didn't think you would go this far to hurt me. You hurt me physically all the time, I didn't mind that much because I knew I would heal. But now that's just not enough is it? You need to hurt me deeper, you need to satisfy your angry by hurting me emotionally as well? Go rot in hell" I was in tears. I don't know what made me snap but maybe it was just instinct when I knew someone was going to hurt me. I stared at Gerard but he just kept staring at the ground. I was sick of this shit. 

I walked away and put my head phones on. I wanted to drown out my thoughts for once. I turn the volume on my phone to it's highest and just focus on singing the lyrics in my head.

Throughout school, I wasn't even there mentally. I walked around on autopilot all day without even knowing it. I walked past Gerard and his group of friends waiting for him to pass a comment but he just stayed silent and looked at me. All his friends were asking why he wasn't tormenting me, he just shrugged his shoulders and walked off. I tried not to care. I tried to get Gerard Way out of my head but I couldn't. Did I feel guilty from this morning? Was I in the wrong this time?