Why you nice to me? - part 4

I looked over to see if I could steal a glance off him. He was staring at me when I looked over at him. He smiled at me, his hair covering his face, his messy, red, beautiful hair.

The more I looked at Gerard the more I noticed his imperfections. These were fucking beautiful though. It is hard to explain. His hair was a total mess most of the time, he wasn't trying but it was still beautiful. He had black rings under his eyes from fatigue but they highlighted his hazel eyes. His hands were always covered in marker or pen but they would be his thoughts and designs. All these little imperfections made Gerard naturally beautiful. Fuck I could go on about him all day.

I think the greatest beauty is the one that isn't tried, it just happens naturally and Gerard had that.

For the last couple of days we just been hanging outside school getting to know each other again plus Gerard was trying to avoid home at all costs which is understandable. We would just eat and watch movies and end up talking through the movie. School was the same, well except Gerard would sneakily smile at me time to time. I know his "friends" were starting to notice something though.

I'm walking down the corridor pretty much in my own little world, thinking about Gerard, when suddenly I get pushed to the ground. The feeling is familiar, I look up to see one of Gerard's friend laughing his head off.

"Get up Fagathron" He smirks to the rest of the guys who are laughing softly. I see Gerard and he's avoiding my eye contact. Just looking at the ground.

"Did you not hear me Fag?" Mark leans down trying to intimate me. He knows I'm looking at Gerard and he looks at him and back at me. Right now I'm feeling scared and alone, I knew this shit was going to happen.

"Gerard, what the fuck is wrong with you man?" He looks at Gerard with an intense stare. I could feel my heart starting to race. This was not going to end good no matter what. Either Gerard would give in to Mark and abuse me or Mark would beat up Gerard. Weirdly enough I preferred the first option. 

I swallowed hard to heard no response from Gerard. He continued to stare at the ground.

"Fuck sake, what's up with you lately? Are you in love with him?" The guys started laughing loudly at the idea of Gerard and I being together. 

"Let's just go" Gerard mumbled 

"What?" Mark asked confusingly still grasping my t-shirt.

"You heard me" Gerard walked off, leaving the rest of the guys slowly following him, Mark looked down at me and smirked.

"I'll get you next time, prick" He smirked and pushed me back on the ground. I stared up at the ceiling with a sigh of relief. The thought of Gerard getting beat up was still in the back of my mind though.

The rest of the day went as usually but I barely saw Gerard. He wasn't in any of the classes and I didn't past him in the hall. As the day went on I got more worried thinking that he could be unconscious somewhere.

At the end of the day, I waited in the usual place where I meet Gerard after school, behind the huge oak tree that was near the school gate. I crossed my fingers hoping Gerard would walk through those gates and tell me that he wasn't feeling well and he went home, that's why wasn't in any of his classes.

I waited 20 minutes, me being the only person left in the school except the cleaner. I could feel myself getting more tense as I waited. I looked down to see I unraveled the sleeve jumper. I was starting to get sick of the shit of sneaking around. It wasn't exciting anymore, it was annoying. I wanted to hang out with Gerard without fear. He was the closest friend I had, he was my best friend. 

I looked up the sound of crushed leaves to see Gerard walking toward me. He kept his head down, I knew too well that he was hiding something. 

"Hey" Gerard mumbled 

"Hi" I bit my lip trying to hide the happiness from him showing up. The happiness was soon gone though when the wind blew his hair away from his face showing the colourful picture of bruises that were on his right cheek. "W-What happened?" I walked closed 

"Nothing." He took a step back.

"Oh.. Did they do that to you?" I didn't need an answer for that. I  knew they did. 

"Yeah, but it's fine" Gerard took out a cigarette and light it. 

"Oh.. okay" I stayed silent noticing Gerard's coldness against me.

"Look what we have here boys, a faggot couple" Gerard head dropped from the sound of Mark's voice behind him. "I fucking knew something was happening between you two." Mark smirked with the guys following him like lost sheep. 

"Mark,  just leave us the fuck alone" Gerard spat

"OOhhh, someone's mad about me finding out their little secret. 

Gerard scowled turning towards him.

"Come on Frank, let's go" Gerard walked past Mark dropping his cigarette behind him. I was hesitant walking between the Mark and guys thinking they were definitely going to beat us up, but I slowly followed Gerard. 

"Look how fucking cute they are. It makes me sick." Mark shouted followed by the guys roars of insults and laughter. 

"That's it, I'm sick of this shit" Gerard said turned around sharply walking up to Mark and connecting his fist with Mark's face fast.

"Frank run!" Gerard shouted as Mark fell back. 

After that I didn't look back I just ran like my life depended on it, which I think it did. I could here Gerard behind me. I knew the guys were following us. I didn't know where I was going. I think we were fucked. I started feeling my throat begin to burn and my legs started to hurt, I wished right then that I was fit. I looked back to see Gerard's red hair flashing behind me and the guys behind us beginning to slow down. 

"Down here" Gerard shouted as he took a sharp turn down a small alleyway. We slowed down trying to get our breath back, my throat was now on fire.

"Did we get away?" I breath in

Gerard shook his head "I don't know" He hunch over.

"Fuck me I'm unfit" I laughed lightly.

"Same" Gerard giggled, we looked at each other feeling grateful we lived another day.

"So what's up with tomorrow?" I asked afraid of his answer.

"I think the cat is out of the bag, Want to hang out during lunch?" Gerard grinned

"Hell yeah" I said way too enthusiastically not to sound like a loser.

"Awesome, I have a feeling both of us are going to get fitter if we are going to run from these guys every day" He pushed back his hair.

"Maybe they'll get bored of us" 

"Ha. Good one Frank" Gerard took out a cigarette.

"Your fucking ironic" I shook my head in disbelief

"What?" Gerard said the cigarette one side of his mouth.

"You're going to get fitter are you?" I pointed at the cancer stick in his mouth.

"Whatever" Gerard rolled his eyes and light the cigarette.

"Can't wait for the shit that's going to happen tomorrow" I said quietly as we both stared out onto the street as the cars go past. 

_____________

 I hope you've liked the mini series as much as I did. Please leave what you thought of this chapter in the comments. I want to know what you think! :3 I'm in so much pain right now.....wishing I had a penis :(((

Grace ^.^