Why you nice to me?

"Move faggot" I got slammed into the locker like I did every day. 

The cold metal on my face every day was too familiar to me. I watched as Gerard walked off with the rest of the guys following him. When I looked at Gerard I could never have anger towards him. I know it's crazy right? He put me through misery everyday, hurts me and calls me names but the only thing that's stopping me from hating him is knowing his past. I see the shit he goes through everyday when he gets home from school. We are neighbours so I basically hear everything thing and see everything through the windows. I know it's no excuse for him to bully me like that but if I was him I would probably do the same so I can't say shit.

Everyday was the same. I get to school, go through misery, hate myself, go home and hate myself some more. I don't have any friends as they all left me one day. That day was the day everyone found out I was gay. I know what your thinking, "How brave of you!" but no. I didn't want anyone find out but I drop my notebook one day and who goes picks it up in class? Gerard. On the back page of my notebook I sometimes write little notes to myself when I'm bored in class. Gerard of course looked at these and shouted 

"Frank you're a homo??" I'm pretty sure I turned purple from the embarrassment and grabbed my notebook and ran out of class.

That day has never been forgotten as everyone calls me names, my friends left me because they were getting bullied because of me. 

Here I was walking to class like usual hoping that the last class of the day will go fast and that I can get the fuck out of this hell hole.

Gerard was there sitting on my desk when I walked in. Oh great, why don't I just die right here? Instant of going over. 

"Hey Faggot Frankie, you don't mind me sitting here do you?" Gerard and the guys laughed at the new nick name they created.

"No" I mumbled.

"Good" Gerard ruffled my hair and continued to talk to his friends.

"Mr. Way, I expect you to get off Frank's desk and sit your ass down on your own chair, yes?" Mr.Wend exclaimed as he entered the class.

School soon was over and I was walking home, like I usually do. Nothing too different there, when suddenly a car screeched to halt behind me and the bang of the door.

"Make your own way home cunt!" A man shouted out the window and drove off. I looked behind me to see Gerard picking up his school bag and pushing back his hair, he then notice I was in front. I turned back around and started to walk slowly waiting for him to shout out an insult or push me to the ground. I waited but nothing happened.

Gerard walked up beside me but stayed looking down at the ground, like he didn't know I was beside him. 

"Hey Frank" He mumbled after a couple of minutes of awkward silence.

"Hi" I said quietly wishing my house was nearer.

He took out a cigarette and light it. Inhaling the smoke into his lungs and exhaling again. 

"Wanna drag?" Gerard offered it to me, I stopped walking and looked down.

If I say no he's going to hit me but what if it's a trick? Don't be stupid Frank he smoked some of it himself. I hesitantly took the cigarette off him and brought it up to my mouth and breathed in the toxin. 

"Thanks" I coughed out smoke and handed back to him.

He chuckled and we continued to walk home.

"My old man can be a bastard sometimes. Actually scrap that, his a bastard all the time." Gerard looked over with the fag in his mouth.

I didn't know what to say. If I said yes he would have thought that I thought his dad was a bastard. I kept my mouth shut.