Chapter Nineteen.

Rakim

I begin to watch Dee as he begin putting the correct amount of drugs in its correct spot. Teaching a fourteen year old about drugs isn't good right? I know but at the moment this the only job I can give him. I'm not about to have him doing this for long, just enough to help his mother out.

This was my first mission to do when I returned from California which was about three weeks ago. I pushed back the days I was suppose to teach him because I didn't have any drugs on me then.

"Nah, that's a molly." I chuckled putting a mollies in a plastic bag.

"And these are OxyContin, right?"

"Correct, check on the coke." I said putting the rest of the pills in their assigned bags.

"Aight since it has harden, chop it up then measure it and then put it in the little bags." I assigned.

"Aight." He said grabbing the blade and going to work.

If I was able to get Dee a legal job I would do so, but for now this is all I'm able to accomplish. When you're tired of seeing your love ones struggle, you look for something that can help you get fast money to help them out. That was me when I started selling drugs. I couldn't bear with seeing my mother struggle and the little money her along with Erica pitching in wasn't good enough to take care of four people. Sometimes you have to do what you have to do.

Don't ever knock someone's hustle. You have to get it how you live out here.

It wasn't long before Dee was fully ready for his first transaction. I dropped him off with Twelvyy so he could prepare him for his start.

"What you gettin' into tonight?" Da$h asked once I walked into the living room of the trap.

"Takin' Lauren out."

"Tryin' to get them draws." He snickered while I smacked my lips.

"No." I stood up and watched him along with Nast play the game.

I don't know why everyone think I'm only trying to have sex with Lauren. If that was the case I would have been had sex with her. That doesn't even cross my mind with her, man.

Lauren

I helped my mother gather her belongings in her car before closing her trunk. She hug and gave me a kiss right before she got into the driver's side of her car. I watched as she clicked her seatbelt then backed out garage. And just like that, I was home alone once again. My mother's typically never at home due to her being an OBGYN.

It's something I've gotten use to over the years although it bores me to be at home by myself. I've never choose a job that will take me away from my kids, when I have some, but she has to do what she has to do in order to take care of me and herself.

"You really had me waitin' that long. Bro, I almost hung up on you." Rakim said once I made it back to the phone.

"I apologize," I laughed a little. "You would have got cursed out as well."

"And you would have gotten some licks."

"Licks? Try me, dude."

"Lauren, you can't fight."

"Yeah, whatever." I responded, going into the kitchen to ramble in the cabinets.

"Anyway, get ready lil mama. We have a date to tend to."

"A date? Why didn't you tell me this earlier?" I started pondering my brain thinking about what to wear.

"I kind of forgot. I'm givin' you two hours so bye. Be ready too, man."

"I will, man." I chuckled before hanging up the phone.

I then dashed up stairs and went straight into my bathroom to start the water. I went back into my room to find some clothes to wear. I really hate being told things at the last minute especially when I don't know what to wear.

I started throwing clothes around until I quit and decided to go ahead and take my shower before I run all of the hot water out. While I was in the shower, I picked out a perfect outfit in my head, hoping it looked well when I put it on.

About two hours later, I was ready which surprised me. I usually would be ready in three hours but I was in a rush today. I really don't know what takes me so long to get ready.

"Check you out girl." I scoped myself out in my mirror, smiling at myself.

. . .

Who knew a hood guy from Harlem could be romantic? Rakim honestly showed out for our first date. He ordered a horse and carriage to take us to our dinner at the most fanciest restaurant in Harlem. He also bought me a ton of gifts which kind of made me upset because I didn't really buy him anything. Everything was wonderful and now he had me seated at the end of his bed because he said he had something to tell me.

"Man, this is about to be corny." He mumbled, clearing his throat.

"Your beauty cannot be defined, by the standards of a colonized mind. Your name fits your personality, so beautifully every time I see you, it's somethin' new to me,"

"Your smile is so polite, that makes a nigga hate to leave your sight. I look for ways to say I appreciate you, for the lil things you do. I stare at you because I can't believe that I finally found my queen,"

"I stay quiet just to hear you talk, I walk behind you just to see you walk. I hope we continue to share unbelievable memories, baby I just want to say, Happy Anniversary." He smiled when he finished the poem.

I smiled as well, feeling my heart flutter.

"You remembered?" I asked with a smile.

"Never gone forget, my fault we ain't do nothin' for our first one."

"It's okay, thank you for all of this. That poem was absolutely amazing." I said hugging him.

"Had to do some special for my girl, even though that poem was corny as fuck." He laughed.

I pulled away and look at him. Our eyes connected as my mind started wondering. Rakim licked his bottom lip and lean in. I lean forward as our lips connected. Rakim pulled my skirt up some and lift me up, as I wrap my legs around his waist. He slowly placed me on his bed as our lips still connect and my legs still wrapped around his waist. He pulled away and looked at me.

"Damn." He said as we both caught our breath.

"Rakim." I said softly as I tugged at his shirt.

His eyebrows rose as I pulled his shirt off. I sat up and proceeded to pull my top off until he stop me.

"You sure?" He asked, looking directly in my eyes.

I nod my head, preparing myself for what's about to happen.