Chapter Twenty-Nine.

Rakim

I open my laptop, going to my history. I clicked on the website that I was recently on and started back reading. Don't judge a nigga, but ever since Lauren got pregnant, I've been searching things like crazy. I just want to be aware of everything that's bond to happen.

"Aye Lauren?" I got Lauren's attention who was sitting in my rolling chair with her feet propped up on my bed while she was looking at her phone.

"Yeah?"

"You knew you can possibly get pregnant again, while you're already pregnant?" I asked looking at her. She raised an eyebrow and walked over to me, sitting on the bed.

"Huh?" She asked crossing her legs and looking at the laptop screen.

"Say I bust a nut in you. You can possibly get pregnant while you're already pregnant."

"Twins?" She raised an eyebrow, again.

"Yeah, with different daddies."

"But the chances you gettin' pregnant is like a two out of ten, it's very rare. Also, since you're far along in the pregnancy, I don't think it'll work now."

"When did you find this out?" She asked, amusingly.

"A couple months ago, but I finished readin' about it today."

"Look at you, looking things up." She laughed, playfully hitting my chest.

"Yeah, what time you have to go to work?" I asked changing the subject.

"Off today, what time do you go?"

"In thirty minutes." I rub my hand down my face.

"Get off at 9?"

"Yeah." I said standing up and stretching. I saw a pout on her face. I sigh and walked over to her.

"What's wrong?" I asked squatting down.

"I don't want you to go to work?" She sniffles, which surprised me.

"You cryin'?" I widen my eyes looking at her.

She nod her head and wiped her eyes. There be times when I don't know what to do, cause she'll literally cry at little things. I have to remind myself, it's because of the pregnancy and her hormones are everywhere.

"I know you'on want me to go to work, but I got to."

"I know, I know. I just be missing you."

"I be missin' you too." I wiped her fallen tear.

"Can you get me some ice cream when you get off of work?"

"I can get you some now." I chuckled, standing up and taking her hand.

She smiled as I help her put her jacket on. We walked down the stairs and got into my car. I started it up and turn the heat on before she start to complain.

After getting my baby some ice cream and dropping her off at her house, I was headed to work.

Terrence, my mother's boyfriend, hooked me up with this little job at his factory. I was thankful for this job, it paid alright and it keeps my mind off of situations that I'm constantly going through. This was my only choice besides continue selling drugs, since I had a record and couldn't get a regular job. I damn sure wasn't going back to selling drugs, that shit whack and I want to bring a child in the world as a drug dealer.

Sometimes I hate I did fucked up shit that causes me to not being able to get jobs, but hey it is what it is. I'm going to make it, along with my family, regardless.

"Let's get these hours over with." I mumbled grabbing my vest from the backseat and putting it on.

Lauren

"So that means I'm going to be an uncle?" Mason asked looking at me. I sent him a warming smile and a head nod.

I just finished explaining to him that his sister would be having a baby. I was kinda scared of telling him, I honestly don't know why. It wasn't as hard as I expected it to me, but I know Mason will tell his mother.

She already wanted me to come over and have dinner, but I already know she just want to talk about the situation. I really don't have time to be bothered with her.

"Yay! What are you having?" He smiled jumping on the couch.

"I don't know yet." I laughed watching how excited he was.

"Oh okay! Do you remember that drawing I was drawing for you?" He asked.

"Yeah, what happen to it?"

"It's in the basement, let's go get it." He jumped up and ran towards the basement.

I shook my head and walked to the kitchen, getting the keys to the basement. I walked to the basement seeing Mason patiently waiting on me. I open the door and he ran down the stairs.

"I'll be back." I semi yell to him, hearing the door bell ring. I put the keys on the table and walked to the door, hearing the door bell ring again.

I peeped through the peep hole and didn't see nothing but pure darkness. I slowly open the door to see who it was.

I quickly regretted opening the door when I saw his face. The person that scarred me for life. The person that took advantage of me.

Before I could close the door, he pushed it open and walked right it.

"Get out."

"So this where you stay at? Nice place." He turned around and smiled at me then looked down at my stomach.

"I'm guessin' the little bun in your stomach is mine, right?" He chuckled rubbing my stomach. I slapped his hand away as he smirked at me.

"Leave."

"Just wanted to let you know," he walked up to me and grab my waist. "I'm back and I will be takin' you from Rocky. If not, then all three of y'all gone die.. including' our baby." He kissed my cheek and let go of my waist. He chuckled and walked out of the door. I closed and locked the door.

I started pacing back and forth, closing my eyes. I was scared, believe it or not. I know what Rich is capable of doing. I don't know when he'll be back but I know I have to protect myself from him.

"Lauren, come on." Mason yelled from the basement.

"I'm coming." I yelled back letting out an exhausted sigh.

Somehow, someway, I'm going to have to find a way to protect us from this devil.