Chapter Twenty-Six.

Lauren

Today Rakim is going to court and I'm honestly scared out of my mind. He tells me not to worry but I cannot help but to worry. I'm trying my best to think positive but it's hard. I've been writing poems to keep my mind off the court situation, Rakim possibly going to jail, and school, that's have been weighing on my heavily.

I started writing poems when I was eleven but fell off a while back. I finally decided to pick back up at it and it was the best decision I've ever made. It's really a stress reliever.

"No, put my shoe down." I said to Zoe who was nibbling on my Air Maxes. He spit the shoe out and ran out of my room. I shook my head and closed my notebook and stood up to my feet.

I slid on my Nike slides and walked down stairs.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" I asked Taya with a smile.

"I came to see you." She laughed as I sat at the kitchen table where her and my mother was located.

"Well how sweet." I chuckled looking at Zoe come beside me. I picked him up and rub his head.

Zoe was a present from Rakim, I almost died when I saw this dog at my house, but I grew to like him cause he was so pretty and playful.

"Well, I'm finna go to work! Love y'all." My mother came and kissed my cheek.

"Love you too." We said in unison as we heard the front door slam.

"Get ready, I'm taking you school shopping." Taya stood up, pushing the kitchen chair up to the table.

"Um, okay." I slowly said getting up and going to the couch to get my purse and phone. I looked down at my outfit, I had on some skinny jeans, a Trap Lord shirt and some Nike slides. I shrug and put my yellow purse across my body.

"We taking Zoe to Ferg." She put Zoe in his carrier bag and picked it up.

"Okay!" I grab the car keys and walked out the door behind Tay, locking it.

I got in the drivers seat as Taya put Zoe in the back and slid into the passenger seat. We both put on our seat belts as I started up the car.

After dropping Zoe off at Ferg's, we was on our way to the mall.

"What made you wanna take me school shopping?" I asked glancing at her.

"Well you been cooped up in the house every since, the umm.. incident and I wanted to take you out, cause you're my baby." She smiled looking at me.

"Aww how sweet." I laughed turning into the mall. I cut the engine off and took of my seatbelt.

"I know, plus I been suppose to pay you back for all the shit you do for me." She responded as we both got out.

"Girl please, I do that shit cause you're my bestfriend." I pulled up my pants and fixed my cuffs at the bottom of my pants.

"Bestfriends do shit for each other then." She laughed as she connected out arms together.

"You're a fool." I laughed watching her fix my ponytail.

"I don't know what the hell you have on today."

"Man, I didn't plan on leaving the house today." I groaned.

"Well I had to get you out of the house, you're wearing a bookbag this year?" She asked as I looked at her.

"Tay, my back."

"You're right, you're right, sorry."

"It's cool." I smiled as we walked into Footlocker, seeing Nae as soon as we walked in.