Chapter Twenty-Four.

Lauren

"I got to go to work, baby." I laughed playing in Rakim's hair as he laid on top of me. I felt him grip around my waist tighter as he laid his head on my breast.

"I'on want you to go." He mumbled with his head still laying on my chest.

"I know, but I have to."

"I feel like when you leave, some bad gone happen." He exclaimed leaning up and staring at me.

"Why you feel like that?" I asked looking into his eyes.

"I'on know." He rolled off of me and sat up.

I stood up as he stared at my every move. I put my sandals on and walked to his side of the bed. I stood in front of him as he looked at me.

"I'm not going to be at work long, I get off at 7."

"Be careful." He murmured standing up and hugging me.

"I will." I said hugging him back.

"Want me to walk you out?" He asked stretching.

"Yeah." I responded putting my purse over my shoulder.

Rakim been acting very protective and jumpy a little today. Every time I look at him, he either looks worried or tired. I asked him did he want to do something for his brother birthday, which is today but he refused. I even tried to make him go with his mother them to visit Ricky's grave. He just wanted to lay under me all day.

"Coming straight back to you when I get off." I kissed his lips.

He nod his head and bit my bottom lip softly. We pulled away as he looked at me. I really didn't wanna leave him, but I have to go to work my dad really need me today.

"Please don't look like that." I pout standing in the doorway.

"Gone to work, imma see you later." He mumbled still looking at me.

I sighed and walked off the porch and got in my car. I saw him close the door as I started up and bagged out of his driveway.

It's hard when you're very, very attached to a person.

"Wassup, Dj?" I dapped him as I walked into my dads office.

"Wassup, L?" He smiled at me.

"Rich here?" I asked sitting down in my dad's chair.

Today my dad and all his employees went on a two day business trip. He left me in charge for the two days. Nobody was here but me, Dj, & Rich. This surprised me because I never expected my father to leave me in charge, especially not with boys here, but he told me I didn't have to stay long if I didn't want to.

"Spoke him up." Dj looked at Rich as he took a seat.

"Wassup, Lauren?" Rich smirked at me.

I eyed him and he let out a chuckle.

"Alright, my dad said for you two to make sure that you put the wood up when it gets delivered." I said to them. "It doesn't suppose to come until 5 so we have few hours."

"I'm sleepy as fuck." Dj groaned putting his feet on my dad's desk.

"If you don't get your damn feet off my dad's desk." I threw a pen at him.

"You so mean." He put his feet back on the floor.

I looked at Rich who was looking at me, I've noticed Ryan look like him.... a lot.

"Ryan your sister?"

"That's my twin." He licked his bottom lip.

"Damn y'all look alike." Dj said which caused Rich and I to look over at him.