Chapter Thirty.

Lauren

It's been a few days since Rich came to my house threatening me. It was now Thanksgiving break and I was excited. Mostly because of food but also being away from school. I've been staying in the house cause of the disrespectful weather. I honestly hate cold weather.

I haven't figure out a way to tell Rakim that Rich had threaten me. I know he'll be furious and ready to harm him once again. But how did Rich get out of jail when he was sentenced to seventeen years?

"Hey Lauren, I got something for you." My mother announced walking into the living room with Zoe behind her.

"What?" I asked as I sat up straight. She handed my the newspaper and I looked at it. I scanned over the article and started reading it out loud.

"Poetic Knights, looking for lyrical individuals to share their talent." I laughed at the article. They could have did better.

"I thought maybe you'll like to go read your poems or whatnot."

"That's adorable, but my poems are kind of personal." I said honestly.

"Girl, look into it. It'll be a stress reliever."

"Yes ma'am," I chuckled. "I'll look into it."

"Good, cause I'll love to see my little girl on stage." She smiled hugging me.

"That'll be a fun experience."

"It would, have you ever thought about how different it'll be when the baby is born?"

"I know I won't be getting any sleep." I chuckled a little.

"Oh yes ma'am, cause it's gonna have you up."

"I already know," I looked at my phone. "Ma, you're late for work."

"Oh shit." She got up and grab her purse along with her coat. She came over and kissed me once again before making her way to the door.

"Love you." She said before closing the door behind her.

I got up and locked the front door. I walked to the kitchen to make me some hot chocolate. I usually don't have weird cravings unless it's like hot wings which I know I cannot eat. I would catch myself staring at my stomach. It's weird that I have a human being growing inside of me. I ready to see my little one.

I finished making my hot chocolate, while Zoe barked at me. I fixed him some dog food and water. He ran to it and started eating. I walked to the living room with my hot chocolate in my hand. I sat on the couch and checked my vibrating phone.

I got up to open the door for Rakim since he said he was outside. He pulled me into a hug when he walked in. I sniffed his amazing cologne as we pulled away.

"It's too cold for me to drive back home, so I'm spendin' the night. Already asked your mother." He exclaimed sitting, well more like laying on the couch.

Well then.

"Alrighty then." I said moving his feet from the spot I was sitting in. He smacked his lips as I sat down.

"How was work?" I asked drinking some of my hot chocolate.

"Same ole, same ole." He responded staring at me.

"What?" I sat the cup on the table.

"Is there somethin' you ain't tellin' me?" He asked as I bit my bottom lip.

How in the world does find out about everything? I knew sooner or later I was going to have to tell him. I was aiming for later but I guess later isn't an option.