Chapter Twenty-Two.

Lauren

Lauren

Taya begin to squeeze my hand as she felt the needle digging in her skin. I hissed lowly at the grip she had on my hand as I watch her get tattooed. Chance the Rapper's Warm Enough continue to blast throughout Bill's small apartment. I looked over at Bill, the tattoo artist, wiping the access ink off of her skin. To be fifteen, Taya already had over five tattoos while I don't have any.

"Bro, chill with that grip." I tried to loosen myself from her grip but of course she held on tight.

"I'm not getting anymore tattoos." She responded, squeezing my hand once again. I blew out a breath and stared at one of the walls until he got down.

"Alright, all done." Bill announced just when he sat the tattoo gun on the table. He then wiped her leg down, removing any smears and remaining ink. I looked at the tattoo and was actually amazed. She got a pineapple on her leg. Why? I don't even know, this girl is weird.

"Yeah, you're definitely weird now." I scratched my left shoulder while she shrugged.

She thanked and paid Bill for the tattoo, then we were out. I was being cautious on the road because I have yet to go to the DMV for a driver's test. I need to do that as we speaking right now.

"Are you going to the mountain tomorrow?" Taya asked me while I stopped at a red light.

"Yeah, are you?"

"Yeah, since I don't have anything else to do. Do you know anyone that's cooking tomorrow? I'm trying to get my eat on, you heard?"

"Man, you've been hanging around the mob too long," I chuckled while shaking my head. "But I believe my dad is having a cookout. We can go over there tomorrow."

"Sounds fine with me," she unbuttoned her oversize jacket some. "I'm hot."

"Take your jacket off."

"I only have a bralette on underneath."

I shook my head and left it at that.

The ride from The Bronx to Harlem was about twenty minutes, depending on traffic so that meant I had enough time to spill some news to Taya and talk about other things. I didn't want this specific person to be included in our conversation but I guess she's going to have to be.

"Forgot to tell you that Ryan was the one who sent her friends to fight us." I leaned on the door and begin steering the wheel with my right hand.

"I said that. I'm still confused on why she doesn't like us."

"The whole Rakim thing, but she been not liking you for fighting her cousin and hospitalizing her."

"Oh, I forgot about that. Man, I don't even care, but guess who's her baby father."