8 | End

Have you ever been so scared for your life that the smallest noises boom through your head as memories flash before your eyes?
Xena's movement echoed throughout the house, every footstep sent chills down my spine.
Xena moved into town to live with her grandmother when we were twelve. Back then I was still hanging out with Juan and Francis. She was so closed in, not speaking or becoming involved with anyone, despite my efforts of friendship. I was always friends with everyone back then and had made her my mission. It only took about a week of annoyance to finally get her to give in. Since then we'd gotten closer and closer until we were like sisters.
She knew where we were. She's toying with us, I know it. She moved slowly, from the door to the kitchen. I heard her moving around, taking her time, just for the kicks.
My mom had come home drunk again. I hate it when she drinks, but it seems that that's all she does anymore. I couldn't stand staying here to watch, even though I knew I should have been watching her to make sure she didn't do anything stupid. So I called Xena, and she told me to meet her at our pool in twenty minutes. I left in my pajama pants and a tank top a few minutes later, but had to go back home for a blanket because it was so cold outside. When I finally made it to the pool, Xena and the boys were waiting with hot chocolate and brownies. We stayed there all night.
She came closer to the room and I could feel Francis growing impatient. He tried to get up but I pulled him back, I couldn't let what happened to Juan happen again. By the time Xena finally came up to the door I had already begged him to stay, finally winning him over as he knew I didn't beg for anything.
Xena didn't get another weapon, she stood at the door still in her pajamas like the rest of us. Malice in her eyes and a grin that sent more chills down my spine.

"Xena! Stop this, we're your friends!! What do you want!!!" I yelled as a ditch effort.

"You." She giggled before launching herself at us.