22 | Hunt-suasion

"Are you sure they'll be okay?" I hear Sam say. "They can't just come with us, wouldn't they be less okay if they did?" Dean replied curtly, "Plus I just fixed up baby, I want to take her for a ride." I wouldn't lie and say I'm not eavesdropping, but I also refuse to say I am. Peeking around the corner I watch as they pack up, swiftly and easily as if they've been doing it their entire lives. They probably have been.

"Where are we going?" I hear Xena ask, coming out from behind me. She mustn't have read the previous dialogue. "You aren't going anywhere." Dean replies, continuing to pack and ignoring the look Sam is giving him. Then Sam turns to us, apologetically, "We're going on a hunt, and just.. don't think it's safe enough for you two.." Xena scoffs beside me, and although I don't turn to her I almost laugh at the expression she's giving. One I know all too well. "What is it? Some riley ghost? A dumb demon? We can handle ourselves guys, and actually I think we would like to come with you. Right Zelda?"

I sigh, why does she have to bring me into everything, before turning to look at her. Her stubborn expression makes me laugh, I missed my best friend. "Actually, you guys do take us with you. I saw it." That's why I snuck out here this morning, even before I heard their conversation I knew something was up, It's only a little weird. Dean turns, giving me a curt look.  He's had a bit of an attitude lately, but I don't know why. "And what, exactly, were we doing?" he asks, "Where were we?"

I have to think for a second remembering, "We were in a diner.." I start. The scene is right there, It almost seems real. I look around for any significant details, anything to tell me where we were. "It's a city in Tennessee. Something.. rock?" "Hollow rock." Sam says matter-of-fact-ly, "That's where we're going. Come on then, pack your things." If looks could kill, Sam would be done for from the one Dean shot him, "We can't argue with a prophet, you know we tried that with Chuck."

I was about to ask Xena if she knew who Chuck was, but she darted to the room. It can be a question for another time, but right now I'm sure Dean will leave us if we don't hurry so I rush to get packed.