𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝

~~~

~~~

𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐒𝐤𝐢𝐩: 2𝐧𝐝 𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐫 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡

Sitting in class 2-4, (F/n) was looking out the window while her teacher was going off about some quotes in the book they read. Natsu was sitting at the desk next to her, watching the teacher passionately pick apart each and every word of the quote and asking the class to guess what the author meant by each word.

Yamaguchi, what do you think?” (F/n) was brought back down to earth and looked at the teacher.

“Hmm?” (F/n) hummed, “Can you repeat the question?”

The teacher sighed, “I said, what do you think the author meant by using the word ‘withering’ to describe the hope of the main character?”

(F/n) sighed and stood up, “withering somewhat means devastating, and if the author used withering to describe the main character's hope, it would mean that the amount of hope the main character has is slowly going away,”

The teacher thought about (F/n)’s answer, “Very good,”

(F/n) sat back down and stared outside the window. Natsu watched her with an amused face before turning her attention back to the teacher.

After a couple of minutes, the bell rang and most of the students got up and shuffled to the door for lunch. Natsu stood up and went to the lockers to get her and (F/n)’s lunch before returning back to the classroom. As she gave (F/n)’s bento, Kisho made an appearance at their classroom entrance.

“Hey!” Kisho waved excitedly while he carried his bento over to where the girls’ desks were and settled himself in one of the chairs in front of them, “How are my girls?”

(F/n) shrugged, “tired,”

Natsu silently agreed, “We just witnessed our teacher force a student to explain why the author of the book we read used the word ‘thy’ and how much meaning there was behind it,”

Kisho laughed, “Yikes, and I thought my teacher was psychotic,”

About halfway through their lunch, Natsu brought up the topic of the game they have next week.

“We have a game next week, are you guys ready?”

Kisho gave a hesitant look, “not really if I’m being honest,”

(F/n) looked at him, “why?”

Kisho sighed, “Because this team had little to no information about them. Like I searched with Rei for the longest time and there wasn’t much. Apparently, the school is known for keeping a lot of things private and hidden,”

(F/n) scrunched her face, “that’s… suspicious,”

“Right?!” Kisho was glad (F/n) thought it was weird too.