6. Overture - 2

"If Freaky Face over there is so powerful, then why can't he just make people stay here?" Angel asks curiously as I raise an eyebrow at Alastor, who smiles smugly.

"Oh, trust me, I can." He says creepily, making my eye twitch at his theatrics. I swear to fuck he's so dramatic sometimes.

"Why do you think I'm here? You actually think I'd be cleaning bottles and listening to you fucks bitch and moan all the time if he wasn't forcing me?" Husk intervenes from the bar. Huh, interesting.

"I like being forced." Nifty giggles from behind the bar counter. My eyes widen upon hearing the short girl say that.

"Keep that to yourself, Nif." Husk replies, raising an eyebrow at her as he polishes a glass.

"Is she- what-" I stutter, though I get ignored as Angel starts flirting with the bartender.

"What? Ya don't love bein' here with me, Whiskers?" He says, moving his bottle around as he looks at the cat demon from the sofa.

"Call me Whiskers again and I'll jam that bottle down your throat." He replies, tired of all the flirting, though this just fuels the spider more.

"Ooh, kinky. Come on, keep talkin' dirty." He says in a flirty voice, moving his finger as if to make the bartender continue his threats.

"Angel. Let Husk do his job. And, no, we can't force sinners to stay here. They need to choose to." Vaggie explains exasperated.

"I'm choosin' to be here and I think it's all stupid. We're in hell, toots. That's kinda the end of the road, ain't it?" He asks, his accent thick.

"Well, Maybe it doesn't have to be. Just because nobody has made it out before doesn't mean it's not possible." The girl sends me a pleading glance, as if telling me to help her out, but I just shrug. I'm actually just here because it's better than Cannibal Town, though they don't know that yet. Angel places a hand on Vaggie's shoulder, faking seriousness with a dumbfounded facade.

"Hey, whatever means I can keep crashin' here rent-free. Crack is expensive."

"Ughh hey Rio, what can you do anyway? Can't you help me out over here? Explain why what we're doing will amount to something? Maybe even tell some friend of yours to come to the hotel as well?" The lesbian asks me with a groan, shaking Angel's hand off of her.

"Me? I uh-" I look around for clues: Angel looks curious, Alastor looks creepy, Husk looks bored from the bar and Nifty is chasing bugs. Not really helpful.
"This is... better than Cannibal Town?" I say unsure.

"What." Vaggie deadpans as Angel lets out a loud chuckle.

"Ha! Not even the one who came here by himself actually believes in this bullshit!! Not great for yer cause, Vagina." He teases as the moth girl groans, muttering some insults in spanish under her breath.

"VAGGIE HOLY SHIT!!" Charlie screams from behind a corner, startling all of us.

"Ah! What?" Her girlfriend asks confused. The princess motions her to come over, as she sighs affectionately, following her. Just as she leaves, Angel starts to question me curiously.

"So ya don't believe in any of this redemption stuff?" I shrug.

"The flyer said I can crash here for free so... this is better than being someone's potential breakfast." The spider chuckles, drinking a bit from his bottle.

Suddenly we all get confused as a small commotion comes from around the corner where Charlie and Vaggie are supposed to be talking. And then I notice a certain... tone?

"Oh she's doin' it again." Angel says with a smile that somehow looks both fond and amused.

"Is Charlie... singing?" I ask confused.