33. Dad Beat Dad - 2

"Okay everyone, it's showtime!"

Charlie opens the door to reveal a short blonde man with an excited smile and I groan at the sight of Lucifer.

"Charlie!!"

"Hey, da-" She gets cut short as her father envelopes her in a tight hug. For some unknown reason Alastor looks at them with his eye twitching in anger.

"Oh it's so good to see you!" Lucifer laughs, as Charlie lets out a strained smile.

"It's uh, good to see you too, dad." She clears her throat awkwardly as he releases her.
"Welcome to the Hazbin Hotel!" The short man looks around slightly before noticing Charlie's cat... key... magic thing? ...her pet.

"Oh hewwo KeeKee!" He says affectionately as Razzle and Dazzle fly by him and he greets them.
"Razzle, Dazzle. Oh look how much you haven't grown! Still fun sized. You taking care of my wittle girl?" He looks at them with a glare and demonic voice.
"You better be." Lucifer then releases them, starting to scan the place properly.
"Wow! This place sure looks, uh... uh-huh yah uh-huh... It's got a lot of character!" He says unsurely, before noticing the bar.
"Oh, what in the unholy hell is that?!" A static noise is heard as Alastor appears in front of him, materialising from some fog.

"Just some of the renovations we had done. Adds a bit of color, don't you think?" He asks with a forced smile, as Lucifer looks at him unimpressed.

"And you are?" The Radio Demon reappears behind him, shaking his cane.

"Alastor! Pleasure to be meeting you, sir. Quite a pleasure." He wipes his hand in disgust.
"It's nice to finally put a face to the name." He then smiles wider, squinting his eyes and fingers while looking at the king.
"You are much shorter in real life!"

"Who is this? Who is this nut? Are you the bellhop?" Lucifer asks indignantly.

"Aha! No! I am the host of the hotel. You might have heard of me from my radio broadcast." Alastor explains, earning an unimpressed glance from the short man.

"Hmm, nope! I guess that's why Charlie called it the Has-been Hotel, ahaha."

"Hahaha. It was actually my idea."

"Ahaha. Well, it's not very clever!"

"Haha! Fuck you."

I snort at the whole display, biting my lower lip to stop myself from laughing in front of Hell's king as Husk elbows me to behave.

"Okay! Okay, anyway. Dad, look at this lovely parlor where people can get to know each other and share secrets and stories and intimate feelings! Without Alastor, we wouldn't have been able to pretty it up this much." Charlie explains, trying to lessen the tension.

"Charlie has a very unique vision. I am happy to fulfil her bizarre requests." Alastor says, placing his hand on her shoulder caringly as her father glares at them.

"Aw, thank you, Alastor." Charlie smiles affectionately.

"Quite an impressive young lady. We're all very proud of her."

"Ahem, Charlie! Dear, eheh, why don't you introduce me to your other friends?" Lucifer asks exasperated, as I recoil a bit at the mention. Angel tries to get a cookie from Pentious, the snake hiding them for the king to try instead.

"Oh, yes, of course. This is Vaggie, she's my girlfriend." Charlie introduces, as her girlfriend smiles nervously. The short man's eyes widen at the mention.

"Oh my golly! You like girls? So do I! We have so much in common! You put her there Maggie. Hey! Oh yeah. She's so pretty." He hugs her tightly, laughing nervously as well.

"Lovely to meet you, uh, sir."

"And this is Sir Pentious, Angel Dust and Rio, our guests!" She points out, as Pentious salutes nervously.

"Your Majesty!" Angel manages to snatch a cookie with a flirty smile.

"Heya short king~"

It's my turn then, and I just wave awkwardly, looking everywhere but at his eyes hoping he doesn't recognise me.

"Wait!" Ah shit.
"You. Uh... Blonde goat guy. Rio?"

"Yeah...?" I ask nervously.

"I know you from somewhere, don't I? Wait, I know-" He seems in deep thought, analysing me as I feel everyone's confused eyes fall on me at this.
"Is it the duck store?!" He asks excitedly.

"What."

"No wait haha nevermind that- wait you're... augh wait I know it! Just lemme..." He trails off from his thoughts, his eyes widening in realisation as I wince.
"Oh you're that guy."

"Guess I am." I mumble with an awkward pout, as Charlie seems confused.

"Ehh... dad?"

"Charlie dear, you think you can redeem this guy? Do you know who he is?" He asks, sending me a condescending glance as I curl in on myself slightly.

"...what do you mean?" She asks defensively as her dad points towards me with his staff.

"He's that one manipulative guy from the Treason Ring!" He explains, as everyone but Alastor just stares at him dumbfounded.
"...you know? Lowest ring of Hell? Fucking Satan's ring? This guy used to have the whole ring at his feet, working for him. And he ain't even an Overlord!"

I hear a scoff behind me, frowning but not looking back at the spider's obviously unimpressed face, though I get to hear him mumble a small "no wonder" under his breath.

"You can't redeem people like this, Charlie!" Lucifer explains further, as his daughter just groans in annoyance.

"What about we talk about this later dad?" She takes a deep breath, calming down before pointing towards the rest of the staff.

"Husk is our bartender, and Nifty is our housekeeper."

"Nice to meet you." Husk says curtly, though the short girl runs and climbs up Lucifer's coat.

"Hello. I clean!" She laughs maniacally.