35. Dad Beat Dad - 4

Taking a huge gulp from my vodka glass, I groan as I watch Mimzy approach the bar readily.

"So, where can a girl get a drink around here?" She says, widening her eyes as she notices me just before reaching the bar.
"Rio, the little manipulative shit! Finally settled down? Not for long, I'm guessing." She giggles while approaching and I snarl.

"Maldita cabrona malparida gilipollas de mierda- (fucking bitchy bastard shitty asshole-)" She giggles at my swears, and I just drink some more angrily but then she notices Husk as well, sitting on a barstool -thankfully away from me.

"My, my, is that Husker? Alastor still has you slinging hooch for him, I see. Classic! How ya been, fur ball?" My eye twitches in disgust at her approach and Husk's obviously uncomfortable facade, trying to stop myself from snapping (again, that is).

"Good! Until five minutes ago."

"Oh, don't tell me you're not happy to see me! You might hurt my feelings!" She giggles again as Husk goes to get her a drink, and Mimzy turns to Nifty instead.
"Hey Niffty, whatcha been up to, girlie?"

"Fighting bugs." I smile at the girl fondly, though a frown ever present at her weird antics.

"And uh, how's that going for ya?" Mimzy asks, watching a roach run around freely.

"They're winning, but not for long." She pulls out a knife too big for her small frame with a sadistic smile.

"Uh huh... thanks, pussy cat!" The woman thanks Husk obnoxiously, as he sighs exasperated.

"Oh, fuck you." He sends me a barely apologetic glance before leaving the bar. I frown a little, thinking he's leaving me alone with this freak before Pentious and Angel take the seats in between Mimzy and I.

The spider just ignores me. Could have even been better off alone with Mimzy.

Scratch that, at least Pentious is sitting in between the actor and I, making the situation less awkward. The snake sends me a glance though, lowering slightly to my level to whisper.

"Why doesss it look like you're mad at everyone that comesss around?" He asks me.

"Oh I got beef with half of Hell, dear. You'll get used to it." I chuckle, before listening to Angel questioning Mimzy instead.

"So uh, ya and Alastor are like, what? Friends?"

"Well, that's your word, not mine, but I think it fits." She explains with a smile as both sinners deadpan at her.
"Why so surprised?"

"Well, just didn't know he had any of those-" He's interrupted by the short woman with a confused snort.

"What about Rio?" I feel all gazes on me as I dismiss her with a flick of my wrist.

"I'm friends with one of his best friends. You know, Rosie. That makes us like... close acquaintances, at best." I shrug, and everyone seems satisfied with my explanation as Angel keeps talking again.

"So he's been here a while and is still a big, creepy mystery. What's his deal?" Mimzy begins her story creepily.

"Well, you probably heard the stories. He appeared in Hell suddenly, making a splash quicker than anyone had ever seen. At first, people wanted to dismiss him, but soon, overlords started going missing, and not small ones neither. We're talking heavy hitters. No one knew what happened to 'em, until these strange radio broadcasts started going out. All you could hear were screams. Every time an overlord went missing, there'd be a new voice screaming in the broadcast! That's when Alastor revealed himself as the radio demon, and anyone that would mess with him... well, let's just say, his broadcasts never lacked new voices." She tells them, as I wait for it to finish, already knowing about the whole thing.
"That's the story most people know, but underneath it all.. he's a total sweetie! Put on some jazz and pour a couple fingers of rye and he becomes a kitten!"

Angel and Pentious look at her scarily upon hearing Alastor's dark story, and I just shrug as the snake sends me a questioning look at my nonchalance.

"Stop with the looks. He hasn't done any of that in a while. Can I get another one of these?" She asks, raising her glass before realising Husk left earlier.
"Oh what the fuck!" She groans, setting her glass down before leaning on her barstool to look at me over the other two sinners.
"Hey Rio, be a darling and gimme a drink."

"You keep dreaming about that, bitch."

"Aw you're no fun!" I watch as her smirk grows after the small indignation, an idea coming up to her mind.
"Ain't it funny, though, how you can still hear your father's voice in Alastor's broadcast if you listen closely, Rio?" I notice the other two sinners tense at the mention, but I just perk up at it, smiling slightly.

"It actually is."

"...what?"