9. Overture - 5

"And I was like- damn! That's a whole ass leg you got there! You going to eat that alone? No way." Husk chuckles, kinda confused but enjoying my enthusiasm nonetheless.

"Oh man, Cannibal Town sure sounds crazy."

"It is! Well, you know, Rosie has this store that's supposed to make it easier for people to like - eat each other? She sort of just organize- oh shit." I stop talking and widen my eyes as everything around me starts to glitch, the scenery around me changing from the isolated bar to a now decorated main area, full of cameras and a whole set.
"Oh fuck not again." I say upon realising how Vaggie wants to remake the commercial.

Looking at my right, I see Alastor smiling pleased, staring back at me as I feel my outfit change. Searching for the changes, I notice I'm now wearing 50's styled clothing: a plain shirt and simple, high waisted pants. I smile surprised, liking the gender neutral clothes as Alastor nods at me, smiling knowingly.

"Alright everyone! Let's make a fucking commercial."

***

The whole evening passes as everyone goes through their roles, acts out their part as Vaggie directs everyone excitedly at how smooth everything is going. I just stand off to the side, nervously tapping my foot on the floor as I look around at their happy and excited faces. I can't do this. I shouldn't be doing this. At this rate, they'll figure it out and they'll get me out of the hotel and-

"You seem anxious, my dear." The static buzzes by my side as I sigh, not looking back at Alastor as he stands by my side.

"You know I don't like this type of stuff."

"How about you take a look at the script, hm?" A shadow appears in front of me as I quickly move my hands to hold the papers just as they materialize.

Going through the pages, I notice: a lot of scenes with Angel, some with Niffty being filmed with a hidden camera as to not make her nervous, others with Husk, who barely has to talk so he doesn't need a script, and lastly Vaggie does most of the explaining.

And... I just need to appear at the beginning and the end, with no lines. I raise my eyebrows excitedly, ready to thank Alastor as I feel him pat my head between my horns, though when I look up he's already materialised at the other end of the room, helping Vaggoe with something else.

The slippery bastard, all creepy yet caring.

***

We're all sitting in front of the TV: Alastor sits by himself on an armchair, Husk close to him but on the sofa, while Nifty is sitting on the other end of it, with Angel sitting on the floor with his legs extending in front of the sofa. I'm sitting cross-legged besides Angel on the floor, one of his lower arms around my waist comfortably as Nifty swings her legs dangerously close to my head.

"Alastor pulled some strings and it's about to air." Vaggie arrives excitedly, both Charlie and her sitting in the missing spot on the sofa.

"I pulled a few limbs too!" Alastor laughs alone.

"Wait, the commercial? You all made a new one?" Charlie asks proudly.

"Yeah, one of my better performances if I do say so myself. Though I still think Rio did better durin' the first shoot, he's got some good improv skills." Angel says, winking at me and bringing me closer by my waist, and I let him.

"That's... that's amazing." Charlie mumbles, tearing up a bit.

"Shhh, it's startin'." The spider interrupts her.

"Welcome to the Hazbin Hotel-" The commercial gets interrupted by the logo of 666 News, as I sigh blissfully.

"There goes my amazing performance! Such a shame!"

"Breaking news in Hell today! We have just received word from the Heaven Embassy that the next Extermination is happening sooner than ever before. Do you know what that means, Tom?" Katie Killjoy explains as we all widen our eyes at the news.

"No, what does that mean, Katie?" Tom Trench asks.

"It means we're all royally fucked!" She ends, hitting the desk with her eye twitching. The scene cuts to the Clock Tower as the days reduce to 176 days.

"Wait, what? Why?!" Angel asks angrily, his grip around me faltering slightly.

"Charlie, what happened?" I ask, looking back at her as she sits nervously on the sofa.

"I uhh... You see..."