37. Dad Beat Dad - 6

"You are welcome if you actually want to give redemption a shot, but I think we both know that's not really your style, so you need to leave." Alastor tells Mimzy curtly, as we all watch from the sidelines with buckets of popcorn and wide smiles at the display.

"Fine! Who needs you? Have fun with your little princess and your little hotel! See if I care!" She flips him off, leaving as we turn around to watch Charlie's family drama instead. Then I notice the snake holding....

"Why do you have a damn TV guide?" I ask confused, as he shrugs while looking in between me and the book.

"Found it around?" Pentious asks back unsure, and I tilt my head confused. Angel just gets back to the next drama with Husk eating popcorn contently besides him.

"This is really gettin' good."

"Dad, just... help me." Charlie tries, following after her dad.

"I... I can't."

"Why can't you?"

"Charlie! You don't understand. Heaven never listens! They didn't listen to me, they won't listen to you!" He says, breathing heavily.

"You don't know that!"

"I do!" Tears fills the king's eyes as he takes a deep breath.
"You, didn't know that when I tried this all before, my dreams were too hard to defend. And in the end, I won't lose it all again. Now you're the only thing worth fighting for." He takes his daughter's hands affectionately, pulling her to him as if to keep her away from danger.
"More than anything, more than anything. I'll shelter and adore you more than anything."

"Dad, I don't need you to protect me from this."

"I just don't want you to be crushed by them like... like I was." His voice breaks slightly at the mention.

"Dad... When I was young, I didn't really know you at all. I always felt so small but I heard your stories and I was enthralled. The tales about your lofty dreams. I listened breathlessly imagining it could be me." They smile as if reliving old memories as we all watch the affectionate display.
"So in the end, it's the view I had of you, that showed me dreams can be worth fighting for." She turns to us, smiling. I smile back, happy to see her solving the issues with her father. Husk though just looks unbothered, Angel looks interested and Pentious has literal tears in his eyes, the emotional dummy.
"More than anything, more than anything. I need to save my people more than anything."

"I've been dying to find out who you are."

"I've been waiting, wanting the same thing." They both smile proudly at each other.

"Looks like the apple doesn't fall far."

"Took you a while." Lucifer chuckles at his daughter's small jab.

"I've missed that smile."

"All that I'm hoping, now that my eyes are open, is that we can start again, not be pulled apart again. Cause in the end, you are part of who I am." They both are sent flying upwards to a portal made by Lucifer.

"I'll support your dream whatever lies in store." Lucifer's words go right through my daddy issues as I mumble a small damn.

"And who could ask for more?"

"More than anything." Lucifer sings.

"More than anything." Charlie smiles.

"More than anything." The king continues.

"More than anything." The princess looks up to her dad.

"I'm grateful you're my father/daughter more than anything. More than anything." They both finish, hugging in front of all of us.

"Aww, that was ssssweet." Pentious smiles affectionately as I chuckle at him.

"Ok, I can get you the meeting but once you're in Heaven, I won't be able to go with you. Will you be ok?" Lucifer asks his daughter.

"I'll be fine."

"That's my girl. Good luck kiddo." He sighs, tearing up a bit and disappearing in mist away from the lobby.

I notice Pentious starting to watch Charlie and Vaggie as they have a small moment to discuss over their next move in Heaven. I click my tongue with a smirk, taking him by the arm.

"Come on you creep, leave the girlfriends to have their little gay moment." I laugh hearing him mumble a complaint.