45. Hello Rosie! - 1

"I don't get it."

"Rio, don't be dramatic."

"No!! I really don't get it!"

"Rio..."

How could I not realise? It was so obvious! It's written all over her, so how did I not see it before? Am I getting sloppy? Oh shit, am I?

"...Al, am I sloppy?" I ask the Radio Demon who seems to be enjoying my obviously running thoughts.

"Yeah."

"Fuck! I knew it."

"Rio!!" Vaggie groans, running a hand through her face in exasperation.
"You're not sloppy just because you didn't realise I'm an angel!"

"But how couldn't I?! The eye, the angelic spear, the military bits!! It's fucking obvious!"

"So, like where are your wings?" I pout as everyone ignores me and Nifty moves on with a question instead, and I hear Husk chuckle beside me.

"Nifty, I don't have-"

"Did you ever think maybe she's sensitive about her lack of wings, just like her lack of tits?" Angel teases.

"Yeah. Where are your tits?" The short janitor tugs at Vaggie's shirt, looking for her tits as she sighs.

"Any other questions?"

"I got one. How come every time Charlie talks to Heaven we get in deeper and deeper shit?" Husk asks sceptically.

"It's not her fault. Angels are just-"

"Liars?" The spider chimes.

"...difficult. But Charlie's trying her best."

"Yeah, well, her best is turning out real well so far." Husk says sarcastically and I throw him a small glare to leave the girl alone.

"And where is miss fearless leader anyway? Isn't it about time for another doomed-to-fail plan?" Angel asks and Vaggie curls in on herself slightly at the question.

"She's upstairs. Coming up with something, I'm sure, in our room. Alone." I notice Alastor perking up at that, and I frown as he hums, leaving the room in shadows.

"Ah great there goes her sweet plan, he's sure onto something." I mumble and I feel Husk frown at this, nodding slightly. The rest of the group just ignore the Overlord's disappearance.

"So what are we supposed to do then?" Angel asks, and Vaggie sighs while looking at her spear longingly.

"We'll just have to wait for Charlie's next move."

"I still don't get how I didn't figure it out." I chime again, leaning my head on Husk's shoulder pensatively.
"You're not even subtle about it either. Angelic weapons are a known thing around Hell already but... wielding yours around so casually? Be fucking for real, Vaggie." She groans at the mention, rolling her eyes at me.

"You can drop it already. It's just something you didn't figure out with a glance, isn't that good? For redemption?" She asks, jumping over the manipulation topic subtly.

"...I guess. Feels weird though."

Suddenly we're interrupted by a bright green flash, voodoo signs showing up around as I widen my eyes and share a knowing glance with Husk who looks truthfully scared upon recognising what just happened: Alastor made a deal with Charlie.

"No. No!!" Vaggie runs away upstairs to check on her girlfriend and I watch as she leaves, feeling rather insecure about the deal made. If Alastor has a deal with Charlie... that could be really bad.

"What jussst happened?" Sir Pentious asks obliviously, and I just let the other explain, approaching the stairs wearily.

"I'm pretty sure smiles made a deal? That can't be good." Angel replies, looking at Husk with subtle concern as their voices fade as I near the main stairs further with running thoughts.

Alastor has a deal with Charlie, and while I still don't know what it is about, I better figure it out soon. As much as I have a... convenient deal with Val going on right now, I need something better than that, something that can assure my safety and my friend's from whatever Alastor's plans are.

If I can't figure out Alastor's intentions soon, I'll need to make a big deal with a really strong Overlord.

Let's just hope it doesn't come to that.

My racing mind is interrupted by the Radio Demon himself, gesturing me to follow him and the princess as they pass by my side, nearing the confused group.

"Charlie, what's goin' on?" Angel asks, and she just passes by him with an apologetic glance, not sparing much time as she leads both the Overlord and me to the door.

"The fuck is up, Charlie? Why do you want me here? Where are we going?" I ask confused, eyeing Alastor with a frown as he smiles delighted.

"We're just paying our shared friend a visit, my dear!" He chirps happily, and my frown deepens as I stop in my tracks, already outside the hotel though.

"Shit no we're not."

"Yes we are indeed!!" He presses, but Charlie sighs, turning around and giving me a pleading look.

"Rio, I don't ask you for much. Alastor said your presence will probably help convince your friend, so please come along. I won't force you though." She says seriously, and I sigh, quickly giving in to her desperate face.

"Alright. Off to the Emporium it is." I groan under my breath, stomping pissedly to the front of the group as we make our way to Cannibal Town.