7. Overture - 3

"I can do this! Somehow, I know it. I'll get Heaven behind my plans." Charlie starts singing excitedly, as all of us stare at her. Also known as: they all stare with smiles as I'm confused at why she looks like a Disney princess. Is this a usual thing?

"Charlie, hold on..." Her girlfriend tries to stop her.

"There's just no way I could blow it. Not this once-in-a-lifetime chance!"

"It's just a meeting." Vaggie reminds her again.

"To change their minds and touch their hearts... or... whatever angels have!" Oh, so she's going to Heaven?

"This could be bad..."

"Cheer up, Vaggie, this could be swell! Something tells me that today will be a happy day in Hell!" She goes straight ahead, opening the hotel doors as we all follow her confused.

"Okay, but just don't... sing to them." The latina says with a sigh.

"Uhh... actually-" I start, looking at Charlie's excited form run around the city.

"That bitch is halfway down the street!" Angel confirms.

"Is she-?"

"Oh, she's dancin'!" The twink says, drinking from his bottle.

"Ugh, no..." Running a hand through her face, Vaggie then starts to leave for upstairs.
"I'm goin' to watch her go, make sure she's safe." She says quickly, before leaving.

"She's going to end up singing as well, isn't she?" I say with a raise of my eyebrow.

"Damn right she will." Angel says with a giggle, finishing his bottle and already making his way to get a new one, so I follow him to the bar.
"Hey there kitten~" He starts once he sits on a stool, already flirting with the bartender, who just growls in response.

"Hello, Rio." Husk says, ignoring Angel's presence completely.

"Hey Husk. Can I get a beer?" He gives me a small nod, turning around to get it as Angel starts whining - a rather suggestive whine, too.

"Come on, Whiskers! Don't be like that! Aren't ya pleased to see me? If ya aren't, I could show ya some other form of pleasure-".

"Ugh. Fuck off." The cat demon says, disgusted by the implications. He then turns around, giving me my beer bottle.

"Look, I know Rio here's a hottie-" Angel says, winking at me.
"-but ya shouldn't really just ignore a customer like that, old bartender! Ya didn't even ask if I wanted anything!!"

"You could get a taste of my beer- maybe even not from the bottle." I flirt with a smirk, though not looking at him. I feel the spider shift at that, and next thing I know he's impossibly close to my face.
"Woah there-"

"Don't make such implications so quietly, sugar. Aren't ya such a flirty little thing, saying that so quietly, huh?" He says with a low voice, his lower right hand slowly reaching for my thigh, though I stop him by intertwining our fingers, then guiding his hand up to lean on the bar counter instead.

"Now weren't you trying to order a drink just now?" I say, mischief dancing through my eyes as I take my hand away from his and start guiding my beer to my lips.

"Ugh, ya cock warmer." He says, rolling his eyes without much bite to it, though I don't like the insult. I kick the barstool he's sitting on slightly, making him gasp surprisedly as he wobbles slightly. He grasps the bar counter in surprise, in order to stop wobbling so much.
"The fuck was that for?!"

"Do not call me that." I say seriously, flipping him off as I leave while drinking my beer, leaving behind a surprised bartender and an indignant spider.