11. Radio Killed the Video Star - 1

"Okay. So the extermination is coming in six months instead of a year. No big deal. Just a little setback. Nothing we can't handle. Just angels cutting our timetable in half. But who needs a whole year to save souls? Am I right?! And next time when they cut the time in half again, and again, we'll just handle it, right?!" I frown with a small headache as I finish coming down the last steps of the main stairs, nearing the small group.

"Yes. We will." Vaggie comforts her girlfriend, grabbing her softly.

"Gay~" I say, passing by her with a smirk. The one-eyed demon snorts, shaking her head at me.
"Hey princess those are a lot of words for so early in the morning. Chill a bit, yeah? It'll be fine." I reassure her, though Angel chuckles at me as I sit by him on the sofa.

"Early in the mornin'? You're delusional, honey, it's late as fuck again." He says playfully, before focusing on Charlie instead.
"Anyways, ya had less then half a chance when you started all this salvation bullshit. And now..." His phone vibrates aggressively and I raise my eyebrows curiously.
"Ain't no silver linin' this time toots."

"Sure there is! We just...have to look a little harder for it!" Charlie defends.

"Well, while you're lookin', the rest'a hell's goin' nuts. People are already freakin' out about the news. Look at what's happenin' in the Doomsday District." He says, waving his phone in front of their faces where I can't see it, and scrolling a bit before it vibrates again.

"Err, what is a...Donkey Show?" The princess asks confused and I tilt my head in confusion.

"A what now?" Angel widens his eyes, panicking slightly.

"Aah, heh, nothin'. My boss, Val, is just freaked out about the news too. Like I said, everyone's losin' their shit." He dismisses it quickly, though I frown at the mention. Of course it's that prick.

"Yeah, that's true. Sinners are desperate. Maybe desperate enough to try anything to escape the extermination?" Vaggie reasons with a smile towards her girlfriend, making her gasp.

"This is the perfect time to recruit more sinners for the hotel!"

"Cute idea and all, but you really gonna go out in all of this?" Screams sound from his phone as he shows them whatever's happening outside again.

"Well, it's not like people are just gonna show up on our doorstep-" Just on cue, the wall behind Charlie fucking explodes.

"Ah well alright." I deadpan, getting up from the sofa to see what the hell just happened. Charlie walks beside me confused, though suddenly seems to remember something and I silently brace myself for it.

"Rio! I almost forgot." She rummages through her pocket as I stare at her with dread.
"Here!" She offers me a phone as I take it, looking at it from all angles, and sighing at the V logo on its back.

"Ah... Yeah, thanks Charlie." She smiles at me before going outside to see what happened. I pocket the device, following her.

"Face my wrath!!"