12. Radio Killed the Video Star - 2

"Who are you?" Alastor asks from a balcony as we all go outside, watching the scene unravel.

"Who am I? Who am I?! I am the great Sssir Pentiousss!" Alastor dissolves into fog as he descends to the ground, materializing beside us.
"Inventor, architect of dessstruction, villain extraordinaire!" I raise my eyebrow at the man on the huge zeppelin. Why do I feel like he's just yapping?

"Oooh, he's a bad boy~" Nifty says excitedly as I take one small step away from her.

"Ha, well if all that's true, you'd think I'd have heard of you." Alastor tilts his head, picking Nifty up and away from him.

"I attacked you literally last week." The serpent deadpans, as the Radio Demon cocks his head further.
"We've done battle, like... 20 times?"

"Well, you must have been really bad at this!"

"Silence! Now cower! For when I've ssslain you, the almighty Vees will finally acknowledge me as their equal."

"Uuugh." I roll my eyes in annoyance at the mention. He really is all bark and no bite, huh? That just gives it away.

"Ooh! Wait, who are the Vees?" Nifty asks, jumping on the creepy face demon again.

"Oh, nobody important." He answers dismissively, sending me a small knowing side eye as I roll my eyes.
"Anyways, we can't have this bother in front of the hotel, now can we?" With a snap of his fingers, spells appear all around, tentacles grabbing at the zeppelin as he starts laughing maniacally.

"You creepy radio..." I say, raising a disgusted eyebrow at the overlord.

"Arrgh! Oh! Please! Stop!" Sir Pentious screams from inside the machine.

"Um...Alastor! I think he's had enough." Charlie tries as Angel stops her with a smirk.

"Nah. He's got a few more hits in him." Just on cue the snake demon falls right in front of us, and Alastor stops laughing as he moves his staff around theatrically.

"Thanks for another forgettable experience." He muses, as one of the snake's egg minions falls and breaks in front of Charlie.

"Thank you...for letting your guard down!" Sir Pentious laughs and I almost slap my own face at his stupidity when I see him grabbing a bit of the overlord's coat, ripping the small piece.
"Haha! Oh, shit..." He stops laughing as Alastor's horns grow, voodoo magic filling the air as I sigh tiredly at his theatrics. This whole shit really isn't helping my headache.

The serpent ends up flying away in green smoke when Alastor is finished with him.

"Well, it looks as though I need a visit to the tailor! Best of luck, chums."

"Wait, you're LEAVING?! Alastor! We need your help! We need you to do your job." Vaggie says exasperated at the whole thing.

"We need a wall." Angel deadpans, gesturing to the hole just beside the hotel's front doors.

"Of course! Can't let my new project fall into disrepair already. What would the papers say?!" Alastor says, snapping his fingers again as ink demons show up, making his leave as Angel smirks at the appearances.

"Ohoho~" The spider chuckles, approaching the demons.
"Hey, sweet cheeks. Whatcha doin' later? I love me a man with a giant... tool." I cringe a little at the mention, turning around from the scene and running a hand through my blonde hair tiredly.

I could really use some painkillers right now, my headache has been growing worse. With a sigh, I throw myself on the sofa but my small peace is easily interrupted again with a buzz of my new phone. Groaning, I take it out of my pocket and look at it, frowning at the V on the back.

How long will it take until he realises? I sigh, looking at the lens. Who am I kidding, he probably already knows.

I unlock the thing easily, looking around the pre-installed apps and curiously opening the notification that made my phone buzz in the first place. A broadcast?

Oh, it's that idiot's broadcast, of course.

"So, the Radio Demon is back in town!" Vox sings cheerily.