24. Masquerade - 1

"Oh, yeah, baby~"

I groan, letting my head fall backwards towards the couch in which Angel is laying as I sit on the floor.

"You know, this performance won me a Sex-x-xi award." Angel says smugly, pointing to the TV.

"It's, uh... Very... Honest?... Oh." Charlie turns away from the scene, trying not to gag at it.

"Ew." Vaggie cringes.

"I fucking hate porn, man." I say with a sigh as, just in cue, Angel moans on the TV again.

"Oh, harder, daddy~"

"Okay! Enough of that." Vaggie snaps, shielding her girlfriend from the view.
"Angel, what the fuck?"

"What? Ya said was show-and-tell day. I'm showin' ya my best film, and I'm tellin ya that it scored me a win over that bitch, Tiffany Titfucker." He accommodates his chest fluff at the mention, pouting as he crosses his upper arms. I just shake my head wordlessly, trying not to push his buttons with any comments on his movie. Though Husk has other plans.

"Ya know, not a very convincin' interrogation scene." He says while polishing a glass, and Angel laughs pissedly.

"Alright, dickhead. What makes ya think ya have any right to insult my work to my fuckin' face?"

"You really gonna sit there and act like these scripts ain't hot garbage?" The cat pushes, as the pornstar gasps offended.

"Fuck you! This is classy art!" Angel points to the screen as he moans on it, and I groan loudly again at the sight.

"Shit, do we really need to watch this?"

"Ya too, Rio?!" His disappointed voice gets me for a moment as I frown, but Husk interrupts us again.

"See! That's bullshit. You get drunk and bitch about them all the time. Everyone likes to bitch to the bartender. I know everythin' about you and these motherfuckers at this point." Husk starts, and I raise my eyebrows at the mention, sitting up slightly curiously. He first motions towards Pentious.
"That one. That one is an insecure buffoon whose lonely ass watches you idiots sleep!" The snake looks around to us, looking ashamed.
"Princess, is a bleedin' heart who wants to solve everybody else's problems 'cept her own."

"What?! No, I-- What? Pfffft, no, no." Charlie dismisses poorly and I just chuckle as Husk points to his next victim.

"This one." Vaggie scowls, growling lowly.
"Judges everyone and everythin' because she hates herself." She groans at the mention.

"And Nifty?" The smaller girl sends him a wink and a small kiss.
"Hehhh... You don't even want to know what her deal is." That one sounds fair enough. He's interrupted by Angel's laugh and kicking of his legs.

"Ya weren't kiddin'. Oh ho, wow!" He laughs to Vaggie's face as she frowns, before sitting on the couch's arm instead, teasing Husk.
"Kitten's got claws. Meow~" He flirts as I look away, seeing through it but the cat is definitely not so patient.

"And you!" He scoffs.
"Don't get me started. I see right through you and all this bullshit and how fake you are." He snaps, and I frown, looking up at him judgingly as Angel chuckles humourlessly.

"Ohhoho, me? Fake? Wow, I had no idea. Guess that's why I'm an actor, dumbass." He says dumbfoundedly, before raising his hand pointedly to continue.
"And-!" A phonecall interrupts him, and he clearly falters at this.
"Hold that thought." He says, his voice completely changing. We all watch as he answers the call.
"Hello? Uh, yeah I'm-I'm... No, No, I just, I... No, I-I'm not... But, uh... Yeah, I'll be right there." I sigh, my chest clenching upon watching the display, having to remind myself not to push.
"Well, uh... Looks like Val needs me for an... Uh- emergency shoot!"

"Uh-huh, sure." Husk rolls his eyes, and I finally get up from my seat, trying to stop this whole thing.

"Husk, I don't think-"

"You know what? Fuck you. I don't give a shit what some drunk ass bartender thinks a' me." He pulls out some glasses, putting them on as he walks away to the front door.
"So why don't ya just crawl back to whatever cave ya came from, porn critic." Flipping him off, he leaves as Charlie runs behind him, trying to stop him. Husk leaves to stand behind the bar again, drinking from a bottle. Following him, I ignore Charlie and Angel's arguing out of earshot.

"Husk." I try, sitting on a barstool with a frown.

"Don't you even try to lecture me after everything, Rio." He dismisses, drinking some more.

"After everything?" I ask annoyedly, and he almost scoffs at the mention.

"I didn't mention your case back there, did I? Did you notice? But of course you did. You know I could out your whole bullshit, you've been obviously wary of it." He says harshly.
"You think pushing the problem away will solve anything? You think just waiting will get you anywhere?" He asks, his voice growing annoyed.

I notice as then Angel leaves, and Vaggie approaches Charlie by the door.

"You don't get it, Husk, I-"

Charlie leaves as well, as Vaggie sighs letting her girlfriend run after Angel.

"But you know I do get it!!" Husk snaps.

"Why are you even so pressed about this?! You knew about it from the beginning! You're a gambler, for fuck's sake, of course you would notice bullshit when you see it, but-"

"The hell is wrong with you guys?" Vaggie asks behind us, her hands on her hips while eyeing us almost as a warning.

"It's nothing. I'm going out." I say, the barstool screeching as I move it to leave, making my way to my room to get my phone as I promised Charlie.