34. Dad Beat Dad - 3

I flinch as the chandelier falls right in front of us, coughing as it produces a huge amount of dust. I notice Alastor's pleased smile as apparently he was at fault for this, and Lucifer seems to understand that fact as well, laughing slightly.

"Alright then..." He then moves his staff around, starting to sing to get Charlie's attention away from Alastor.
"Looks like you could use some help. From the big boss of Hell himself! Check your daddy's glowing reviews on Yelp!" He produces puppets of himself, showing off his phone to his daughter theatrically.
"5 stars! Flawless! Greater than great! With a punch of a pentagram. A wap! Bam! Boom! Alakazam!" Dancing around, he grabs Charlie affectionately.
"Usually I charge a sacrificial lamb. But you get the family rate!"

"Thanks dad!" Charlie joins in, looking at her dad awkwardly.

"Who needs a busboy now that you've got the chef? Michelin tasting menu free à la carte." He uses his magic to show Alastor's small form on a plate to his daughter.
"I'll rig the game for you because I'm the ref! Champagne fountains, caviar mountains, that's just a start!" He lists, producing each thing from his magic before Alastor joins his song pissedly.

"Who's been here since day one? Who's been faithful as a nun? Makes you chuckle with an old-timey pun? Your executive producer!"

"That's true!" Charlie realises.

"I'm your guy! Your day to day. Your chum, your steadfast hotelier. Remember when I fixed that clog today?" He shows the princess to a nearby bathroom, pointing to a soaking wet Nifty.

"I was stuck, thank you sir!"

"Aw you!"

"I'm truly honored that we've built such a bond."

"Awwww!"

"You're like the child that I wish that I had." Lucifer's eye twitches at the mention.

"Uh, what?"

"I care for you just like a daughter I spawned."

"Hold on now!"

"It's a little funny! You could almost call me DAAAAAAAD!" Angered, Lucifer takes out a violin from his magic. In return, Alastor pulls out a piano. Finally, Hell's king interrupts him with an out of tune accordian.

"They say when you're looking for assistance, it's smart to pick the path with least resistance!"

"Others say that in your needy hour there's no substitute for pure angelic power!" Charlie widens her eyes excitedly at her dad's wings being on full display, before dropping to the floor in front of her desperately.
"Who just happens to also be your blood!"

Sadly there are times a birth parent is a dud. They say the family you choose is better!"

"What a bunch of losers!"

"Can you butt out of my song?"

"Your song?!? I started it!"

"I'm singing it! I'll finish it!"

"Oh you tacky piece of-!"

They get interrupted by the front door opening with a loud thud, to reveal... oh shit no not her.

"It's me! Yes it's me!" Fuuuck not her...
"I know you were all waiting for me!" She throws some confetti at my face and my eye twitches at the sight.
"I'm here! What a gas! Took a while but I'm present at last! It's me! It's me! Mimzy!" She ends dramatically, throwing herself on the floor in front of everyone.

"Who?" Lucifer asks, and I instantly leave for the bar, taking Husk's hand in mine and leading him pissedly.

"Look, I'll be quick. Knowing your history with Al, you probably know Mimzy. Shit news, I do too. So, because of that, one thing is clear now: we both need a drink." I say hurriedly with a frown, growling as I listen to her chirping on the background.

"Sounds fair, kid." He nods with a grunt, letting me lead him readily to get a whiskey bottle in hand as soon as possible.