Chapter 2 - Technicality

Jamie breathed in the fresh air as he stepped out of the jail. The case against him had been dismissed as more evidence came to light that Jayden was already ill with a brain tumour on the day of the fight. Jamie had been fighting with his lawyers to get this overturned and pull his body up from the ground and go over things again if needed. Jamie had always said that Jayden could fight his own corner, he could take a punch, they had sparred together as teens and into their adult life. Jamie could never get his head around the fact that he went down as quickly as he did, he couldn't accept the fact that it was the fight that killed him.

It turned out that crucial evidence had been hidden, evidence that showed Jayden had a brain tumour at the time of the fight and that he was dying.

The cameras were flashing outside of the jail. His lawyer wanted him to make a speech. So he did, he stood in front of the tv cameras. "FX... how does this feel to be free 5 years earlier than you were told you would be?.."

"to know that I was not responsible for his death is a gift from God

"to know that I was not responsible for his death is a gift from God... Jayden was my best friend, we grew up as kids and it has been hell on my conscience every single day since that fight, that I may have been the one to have killed by him... So to find out that he actually was sick" he paused and took a second to regain himself. "It almost broke me, he's gone and I couldn't even say goodbye to him.. yea we had a fight... but friends do fall out from time to. time and I never would have wanted him to die..."

"Wasn't the fight due to an ongoing beef between you and him over your ex girlfriend and mother of your child Gianna?.. a beef that saw you put him in the hospital previous to this?.." the reporter asked.

Jamie took a deep breath and sighed. He nodded. "It was a stupid beef that none of us should have been involved in... we both loved the same girl... and that was happening before I blew up to... but I should have never let it get as far as it did... I take a lot of the blame for everything that happened back then..."

She smiled. "How about your son Qian.. will you be looking forward to seeing him.."

"Yeah... my boy... he's been fast on my mind for a long time now.. I haven't seen him since he was 6 months old... that shit it crazy!.. I can't wait to see how my lil man has grown..."

"That's all for now." His lawyer said and they walked towards a car that was waiting. Justin had come to pick him up, one of his trues. He smiled as he walked to the car, seeing his homies after 5 years was just as crazy as the media frenzy and being freed earlier than expected. "It's good to see you out man.." he said and dapped him as he got in the car.
"we have a big get together planned for tonight in Compton.." he told him. "Everyone is looking forward to seeing you out... we even got you pussy on tap man... we know yo ass is gonna be hella horny after 5 fucking years or more dawg!.."

He smiled, and paused for a second. "And G where she at with my son?."

Justin shook his head. "No one has seen Gianna in a minute.. something like 3 years now... she's gone way off the radar..

"But I bet I know who would know where she is." I want you to drop me at Goldee's... and I'll come by and meet up with the rest of you later... I need to find my son.." he said.

———-

Goldee was getting ready to get her nails done at home, she had a stylist now, she had hit it quite big as a pundit on basketball commentaries during games. She was also well known because she was dating an agent who was well known and had plenty of high profile players under his agency.

She heard her doorbell ring and she thought it was her nail technician. She opened the door and came face to face with Jamie. She almost threw up in her mouth, there was no way in the world she would've expected him to be on her doorstep. "Long time no see Goldee...
He said to her.

"how the hell did you get out...

"But that is not a very nice welcome home now is it

"But that is not a very nice welcome home now is it.." he nodded towards her door. "Can I come in, you never used to have a problem with me stepping inside yo door before..." he added.

She stood aside and let him in. She checked to see that there was no one watching before she walked in after him and shut the door. "What are you doing here, more to the point how the hell did you get out after what you did to Jayden?.." she said and folded her arms looking at him.

"You're still fucking with the high fliers I see... is that why you fucked me Goldee.. because I was a rapper... you like men with money don't you..."

"Jamie what do you want?.." she said with an annoyance in her tone.

"I wanna know where my girl and my kid is... i've heard she's been MIA for around three years now.. and she hasn't been in touch with me no matter how much I tried to write and call her..." he said. "But you, Rhonda and G.. were always tight... so tight that you and Rhonda worked together to push me out of her life... You could get that girl do anything" he said with his sinister tone.

"I think you'll find it was you that pushed her out of your own life by being the asshole that you were.. and by sleeping with every girl you came across..."

He sniggered. "but I bet she never knew about you and me.. am I right?.." he told her. "I remember you loved it." He added. "Fucking yo best friends man.."

"Stop it... I'm ashamed of that time okay... what do you want from me...

"I want you to tell me where she is.. I want you to take me to her..."

"She's with someone else... and he's good for her and Qian.." she told him.

He paused, she could tell that that went down like a sack of shit. "I'll decide who the fuck is good for my son." He replied with gritted teeth.

"I can let her know that you're out and then it's up to her if she wants to see you Ja... I am not just gonna drop you on her... that's not fair...

"What's not fair is her keeping Qian from me.. and taking up with another guy with my son.."

"I'm sorry.. as I said I'll tell her but that is all I am gonna do..." she told him not about to give her friend the fright of her life and show up with him....