Chapter 13 - Coachella

"..... I couldn't help but overhear... are you going to Coachella today?."

Gianna nodded. "Yep.. not usually my scene but Jamie wants his son to see him perform on stage...

"Oh wow! How does Nathan feel about that?." Verne asked biting into her toast.

"I asked him to go in my place, but he said he would end up getting himself arrested if he did that... so I'm going but we are literally there for the set..." Gianna said, as Qian rushed in with his toy car and superhero doll.

"I'm watching my dad today Verne... he's a rapper... he is famous..." he said excitedly.

Verne smiled at him. "How exciting for you lil man.." she said to him.

As he carried on playing Verne saw Nathan walking in, putting on his cuff links. Gianna looked at him and furrowed her brow. "I thought you were staying home today...

"I've got a few loose ends to tie up at the office..." he said to her. He kissed her forehead and looked across at Verne as he did. "What time are you back from wonder boys gig?."

Gianna sighed. "You could have gone in my place, I did ask you.... And I don't know what time he is on, but it will be as soon as he finishes.." she added.

"Call me as soon as you get out.. I'll come and get you from as close to the venue as I can get.." he told her. He then ruffled the top of Qian's hair and left.

Gianna watched him go she then looked at Verne. "He's not happy with me at all.."

Verne raised her eyebrows. "He seems fine just go and head back as soon after as you can... then tomorrow will come and he will be over it." She said to her.

As Gianna went to get ready and sort out Qian for the day, Verne grabbed her cell and text Nathan.

V
Can I see you today, while G is out?

She waited a few seconds and a text came back

Nate
Be at the house at 2pm, wear that leather you know I like.

———-

Jamie got into Cody's Mercedes' she looked at him as he sat next to her with his shades on and his head back against the head rest. "Big night was it?."

"Dakota can keep a mother fucker up all night

"Dakota can keep a mother fucker up all night." He smirked.
He saw Cody look away and he laughed.
"Chill with all that Cody it doesn't suit you... we went there a long time ago.. It's better to not put ourselves through that and for you to lose yo job when it all goes wrong.. which it will...

"You're something else you know that...

He smiled. "But you still love me though." He said and bit his lip, running his hand up her thigh as she drove him to the venue.

They pulled up a while later. Jamie was out of the car dapping and greeting everyone, other rappers, his team and manager. He was as happy as hell. Cody was quiet, she hoped that he would see the error of his ways at some point.