Chapter 21 - Maturing

Nathan packed his brief case for work the next morning. He was quiet, subdued, upset with himself that he had allowed things to get so bad and go as far as he did with G. He was about to head out and as he opened the door Verne was standing there.
"I'm late...

"I don't care we need to talk." She said to him. "You are fresh outta the hospital and back to work already..."

"I'm fine.." he said.

"Are you going to let them get away with it..."

"Them?... it was him who came for me and I deserved it.. I hit her... I beat her up..." he said. "Does that even sound like me?." He shook his head.

"FX is a bully.. he bullied her too... you just need to stand up to him..."

"What Business is it of yours... you know I want her back and the only way that it's going to happen is if I take my bruises for what I did and deal with it... which is exactly what I'm doing..."

"I'm gonna be here tonight when you get home.. I'm not letting you go...

"I didn't say you had to, but I did tell you that she is the one and you need to remember that..."
He walked out leaving her there as she was so used to being in his house anyway.

"We'll see when the bitch get what's coming!.." she said to herself as she watched him pull off in his car.

————

Rhonda was downstairs after making breakfast for her, Qian and Gianna. She saw Gianna coming down. "Hey, morning..."

"Hey... how was the rest of your night with Goldee?." She asked.

"Yeah.. it was okay... I'm not taking sides... I told you what she did, but I am not going to walk away from her or you, I love you both you know that and at one time it was just the three of us.."

Gianna nodded. "I hear that.. I wouldn't expect you too.. but she knew how much I loved Jamie... yet she continued to mess with him and be a shoulder for me to cry on... that is nothing less than calculating.." she said.

"I know..." she paused. "So talk to me, what are your plans?."

"What do you mean...

"I know you better than you know yourself and I can see that you're definitely beginning to feel Jaime again.."

She shook her head

She shook her head. "He hurt me.. more than anyone will ever know... but I can't help but feel drawn to him... though I am doing everything in my power to not make it obvious in front of him and also not make it a thing right now.... I can't forgive him quickly... after what he did.."

"What about Nathan... he is going to see you at some point?.."

"I don't know Rhonda... I have never had anyone treat me like that before... I thought I was going to die at his hand, he just wouldn't stop.." she said reliving that horrific beat down. "I saw my life flash before my eyes."

"I feel for you I really do... but if you are holding a torch for Jamie still.. girl you need to do what is that you have to do... but please don't go back in blind... he needs to learn how to treat his so called soul mate and the mother of his son, with some respect.." she said.

————-

Jamie finished in the studio, a good recording session had been had so that his new album could start to be put into production. He sat back and looked at Justin. "At last, now that is done I can finally take some time out.. I need to let off some steam... I've not had a minute since I got outta jail..."

"You wanna hit a strip club?." Justin asked him.

" Justin asked him

He looked at him. "Naw... I don't wanna do that... what I would really love is to spend some time with my son and.." he stopped.

"His mama?." Justin said to him with his eyebrows raised. "It's inevitable that you are going to be thinking about her, and wanting to get back with her... I just think she's trouble though
Man.... you always end up, wrapped in some shit when it comes to her being around you... Look at what you did to Nathan and Jayden..."

"She's fucking addictive... you can see that right... I wanted that girl for a long time and I fucked up, over and over with her... being locked up changes a man, it puts into perspective everything, especially what should be done right... I am not getting any younger, and I realised in jail... that I now know that I love her... and I always did." he told him. "And I can't get her out of my head every single second of the fucking day man it's killing me.." he added.

"Then call her man.. do what you gotta do... I'm gonna get me some cute pussy from Diamonds..." he said putting on his jacket, dapping Jamie before leaving.

Jamie was now alone in the studio, he found himself turning over whether he should call her or not in his head. He looked at her number in his cell and just sighed heavily. He put his head back against the seat. As he did the phone rang in his hand. He looked down and saw that it was Gianna calling him.
He almost dropped his phone as he fumbled to answer quickly. "Hey.. G, Sup?.."

"I wondered if you were free tonight... Qian has been asking for you..."

"Yeah.. I... I really would like to see him..." he said to her.

"I'm living at Rhonda's as you know... I can bring him to you....

"Naw... I'll come and get him I don't want you out and about with Nathan still out there... even though I think you should go to the cops and get his ass busted..." he told her.

"I just want it left alone... I don't want anything to do with him anymore... so, what time are you going to come and get him..."

"I can come now..." he paused and cleared his throat. "What are you doing this evening?." He asked. "I can do dinner for both of you or we can get a take out..."

Gianna thought about it. "I'll let you cook for me." She said. " But I don't want you to read anything into this. It would be good for us to just get along for Qian's sake." She added.

"I completely agree... I would do anything for you....and for my son..." he told her.

"Okay... well I guess I'll see you soon.." she said.

"I'm on my way.." he said and the call ended.
Jamie smiled to himself and closed his eyes. He looked up at the ceiling, thankful for this, before he got up and grabbed his keys ready to head to pick them both up.

————

Verne sat in her car outside of Rhonda's place, keeping herself well enough away so as not to be seen. She just stared toward her place like a woman possessed. " if Nathan is not going to do anything about you bitch, then I will.." she said to herself.....