Chapter 18 - not ready

Gianna paced back at Rhonda's as she waited to find out what Jamie had done. "Will you sit down you're about to wear a hole in the damn floor.." Rhonda said to her, almost dizzy from watching her go back and forth.

"You know Jamie." She said as she stopped pacing and looked across at her. "You know what he is capable of .."

"Yes, I do... but he's also not stupid.. he doesn't wanna get locked up again and he also knows that Nathan is quite high profile and not someone who can just go missing and it be swept under the rug..." Rhonda assured her. "What I wanna know is, what you plan to do next?.. about you and Nathan?."

"It's over... I can't stay there.. there is no excusing what he did.."

"Okay, I agree.. so do you need to move in with me for a while?." She asked her. "I'm more than happy for that to happen.."

"I would be so grateful if that could happen just for a short while until I sort myself out...

She nodded. "Just beware that I do have Goldee here sometimes but I will give you plenty of prior notice so you can head out before she gets here if you want.."

Gianna rolled her eyes. "Yeah I definitely don't want to be here while she is..."

There was a knock at the door. Rhonda opened it and let Jamie in. Gianna looked at him. "Well.. what did you do?"

"Roughed him up a lil let him know what's good for him

"So where is he now..

"You don't need to worry about that.."

"Jamie..

"No G! that mother fucker beat you.. he did that shit with my son in the god Damn house.. from here on out I deal with his ass.." he told her straight. He then calmed down as he saw her face and the mess that Nathan had made of her. He shook his head. "G.. after everything that we have been through I would never raise my hand to you... And this makes me want to look after you and my son more than anything else in this world, it is my job to protect you and him from scumbags like Nathan.."

"You ain't no Saint Jamie, you played with me psychologically to have my son taken away from me, to have me reliant on you... you also killed one of my best friends and all the time, behind my back you screwed anything that walked... how are you any better for me?." She said to him.

He went quiet. "I would love for you to give me the chance to prove to you the type of man that I am now... I've done a lot of soul searching while I was locked up... I have never felt about anyone what I feel for you.. just let me protect you and our son.. you know I can!." He told her.

Gianna looked at him

Gianna looked at him. She couldn't deny the love she had for him, it was a deep love too, they had been a part of each other's lives forever, there was a pull for sure, but she also knew who he was and what he was like. She walked up to him, she put her hand on his cheek. "I'm staying here with Qian for a while... I need to get my head straight and understand where my future is heading... you have to do you.... But thank you for intervening.. I'm okay... and I can look after me...."

Jamie took a deep breath and nodded. "Okay... you know where I am..." he said and left.

Rhondda looked at Gianna. "That felt to me like that was the hardest thing you've ever had to do..."

"I love him... but I can't tell him that... you know our pasts it just wouldn't work..." she said.

Rhondda gave her a hug.

————

Verne walked into the hospital in a rush. The nurse showed her to Nathan's bedside. "Oh my god Nathan?.. what the hell..." she said sitting on the edge of the bed next to him.

"She told her ex...

"FX did this to you?.." she said angrily. "Then why don't you drag his ass for it.. hit him where it hurts... take him to court... make his name mud in the press..."

Nathan raised his eyebrows and looked at her. "You sound like you've got it all worked out..."

"I just don't want to see an ass hole like him get away with it..." she said.

He sighed. "I can see it's going to be harder than ever to get her to come back to me with the bodyguard on watch for her now...

"And you want her back after this?." Verne said with a frown. "We can be together properly now..."

"Hmm

"Hmm... I guess we can.. but you know from the beginning that I wanted her..."

She nodded. "I know.. but is she worth this?.."

"One set back.. that's all this was.. I want her, she'll see that.." he said

————

Cody watched Jamie strop and bang around the place. "I take it things didn't go well again with Gianna?."

"It's none of yo business Cody...

"It is when I have to put up with your mood day in day out..." she told him.

"Why would I tell you shit knowing that you want to be with me..."

"Look, let's put that behind us please... I need my job... and you pay me well even if you are a pain in the ass.." she said sarcastically.

"Thanks for that.. sarcasm gets you nowhere..." he sniggered. "She just won't let me prove myself to her.. she point blank refuses to let me show her that I've changed..."

"I'm not being funny Ja, but I don't even see how you've changed... you were fucking Dakota again.. you can't tell me that that will stop if you and Gianna were back together.. because you know that you can't help yourself..." she turned away from him.

Jamie grabbed her arm and pulled her to face him. "Cody this isn't gonna work.. you don't get to call me out on anything.. I'm yo fucking boss.. either keep yo opinions of me to yo self or ship out.. it's up to you.." he told her angrily.

Cody couldn't help it but lately she couldn't keep quiet when he acted up or did something that annoyed her.

————-

Gianna put Qian to bed. "Mommy where did you get those marks on your face?."

"I had a lil accident boo.." she said to him with a smile as she tucked him. "But I'm fine..."

"Are we living here now with Auntie Rhonda?."

"For a while.."

"Why cant we live with my real dad...I like my real dad.." he said as he chose a book for her to read to him.

"You do huh?."

"He's famous and he is real good to me.. he makes me laugh.." he told her happily.

"Well that's good because I know that he really loves you and he's happy to have you in his life too." She said and planted a kiss on his cheek which he wiped away quickly and giggled at.

"Do you love him too?..."

"That's enough outta you.. you just need to listen to this story and go to sleep. She prepared to read the book as Qian settled to listen.....