Chapter 3 - Realisation

"..... there she is...." Rhonda said getting out of her seat and hugging Gianna. "You are positively glowing girl.. I don't think I've ever seen your smile that wide..." she said.

"Well life is good.." Gianna said.

"And that man of yours!.."

Gianna smiled again

Gianna smiled again. "Nathan is amazing.." she looked at Goldee. "You're quiet girl, what's up with you?.."

She took a deep breath. "There is something that you need to know..." she said to Gianna.

"Okay?.."

"Jamie is out..."
Gianna dropped her glass, sending it crashing to the table. People in the restaurant looked around to see what the commotion was.

"He had another 5 years at least.. what the hell!..."

"It was something to do with corruption in the system and the fact that Jayden didn't die from the fight.."

Gianna furrowed her brow. "What do you mean he didn't die from the fight! Of course he did!.."

"He had a brain tumour G... he was dying..."

Gianna's chin wobbled. "Oh my god..."

"Jamie came to see me today to tell you that he wants to see you and Qian..."

"I hope you told him to get fucked!.."

"G.. he is the father of your son.. he needs to see him.. he was a good father at least when he was with him." Goldee added.

"No." She shook her head. "He will try to ruin what I've got with Nathan I know he will..."

"Don't flatter yourself!." Goldee said suddenly. "Not everything is about you... he wants to see his son.. but that needs to be with you because he's 6 years old...." She stared at her. "You know if you were better to him instead of running around after Jayden in the beginning of your relationship.. he would have been a different man... and Jayden would not have gone out like that....

"Excuse me!.." Gianna said and left the table for the restroom.

"What the hell Goldee?.." Rhonda said. "What was that about?.."

"I just think Jamie needs a break now and she needs to stop thinking that everything is about her...