Chapter 6 - On his mind

Jamie found Cody a while later in the pool room in his home. She was just sat watching some of the guys play pool. He sat next to her. "Can I talk to you for a second.."

"Well you're here aren't you..."

"You never said once that you felt this way about me?

"You never said once that you felt this way about me?." He said to her.

"Well I thought it better to keep it to myself... you had so much going on all the time that it was only fair to not burden you with my feelings at the same time.."

"We had sex early on and you never said a thing...

"As I said... I wanted to let you live your life and Gianna was your everything... you're so blinded by her to the point of distraction...." Cody said. "Now I just sound bitter but I'm not.. I like her.. I just put my feelings on hold for you and her to get back together and be a family... but it didn't work out.. you two are toxic together...

"Cody... it would fuck up our working relationship.. you're cool peoples... we're like brother and sister now.. over the years we've grown that way...

"You wanted sex with me in the beginning...

"And we did... we got it out of our systems early." He smiled. "But since then our relationship has changed.. like I said we are now more like siblings and I couldn't kill the vibe that we have together by ruining shit with you the way I have with G..." he held her hands. "I'm not a nice guy... you deserve a nice guy... I hurt everyone... my best friend is dead, my girl is living with some jumped up dude and my son doesn't even know me... don't place yo bets on me Cody.. I really ain't that guy." He added.

Cody smiled. "Wow.. that has got to be the deepest I think I've ever heard you go... there is a heart in their some where..."

"I just don't wanna hurt you.. I just want us to be as we are." He told her and she nodded in agreement. She understood, and at least he was as honest as he could be. She kissed his cheek and headed off to talk to some other people at the party.

Liberty walked over to him. "Hey.. I was wondering when I might get a chance to see you... I've not been able to since you've been back..."

He looked at her. "You wanna get outta here.. I'll book us into a hotel.. and then I'll fuck you senseless.. how's that?."

"