Chapter 19 - Reminisce

A couple of days had passed and Gianna was beginning to heel. She hadn't seen nor heard from Nathan and she was worried about what she would do if she did.

She had taken Qian to school and she had been to the florists. She then headed with her bundle of flowers to the graveyard. She saw that Jayden's grave had not been tended to not after his mother passed away two years ago from a sudden illness. She smiled as she thought of the times she shared with him. He was a great friend and she knew he would have been an amazing partner or husband one day.

She crouched and tended to his grave.

"Damn... great minds think alike....
She turned quickly and saw Jamie.

"What are you doing here... or don't tell me you have me tapped."

He laughed. "You need to stop watching too many movies..." he paused. "I came here to see Jayden.. I obviously didn't get the chance when I was in lock up...

"You heard his mama passed?.."

"Yeah.. she was a good person too.. her food was the bomb...

Gianna shook her head. "We were always over there eating her chicken supreme..." she smiled as she reminisced. "Look at the mess of this Ja... he doesn't deserve this... he doesn't even deserve to be dead..." she said.

Jamie felt a pang of guilt. "The fight we had G... I swear to you that I never meant to kill him... it was just a fight.. I didn't even realise that I could kill a man by punching him in his temple...

She stood up looked at him. "You didn't need to fight him but you always had to be in control of everything..." she said her eyes glazed.

"Did you love him?." He asked her suddenly.

"I loved him as a person... he was good to me.. he had mine and Qian's best interests at heart... and he loved you like a brother... although you made us all angry and upset... he always had your back..."

Jamie went quiet and looked at his best friends grave. "I'm gonna pay to get this done up and then get it looked after weekly.." he said looking at the dilapidated state of his burial plot. "And for what it's worth... I was haunted by what happened to him every night in jail... and to come out and not have Jayden around was crazy... although we fought and I didn't see him for time... I still felt like him being dead was like me losing my right arm...." He looked at his grave. "Sleep well my friend... I hope to meet up with you in the heavens one day..." he looked to the sky.

Gianna watched him, she could feel that this he wasn't lying about. Jamie and Jayden were best friends from pre school. As Jamie blew up they became different men with different outlooks on life. There was a bond between them but life and Gianna, right and wrong all got in the way and the tragic ending was inevitable.

Gianna turned ready to leave. "G....
She looked back at Jamie. "You've heard this a million times before... but I love you... there is not one girl I would put above you...."

"It's such a shame that your words haven't reached your dick or your brain yet... because you still do it... you and Dakota are still at it... I saw her IG... if you ask me.. maybe it's you two that are in love.. I'm just someone from the past that you want to cling to to remind you of the past....

He shook his head

He shook his head. "You couldn't be more wrong... yes, I messed with her she came to see me... a man has needs G and you were with the woman beater anyway.. we weren't together... it's always been you.... G... you...." He expressed.

"The truth is Jamie, I can't trust you.. and I don't know what it would take for me to be able to gain that trust... you did some terrible things to me... I'm not the naive child that you met, groomed and had as soon as you could...

"What are you talking about.. groomed?.." he said angrily.

"You met me when I was kid, kept me close... even taught me to suck your dick when I was so young and impressionable....

"Naw it wasn't like that... you didn't do anything that you didn't want to do... G come on.. you know me... we've got a kid together... cmon girl..."

She walked to her car. "Bye Jamie..." she saw him in her rear view mirror as she pulled away, he looked hurt and as if he was lost and worn down. She loved him, of course she did, she just couldn't come across as easy pickings to him again.

She got back to Rhonda's and she saw Nathan's car parked out front, her stomach somersaulted in her chest. Rhonda was at work and she knew he was just sitting there in the car waiting. As soon as she stopped her car he got out of his and walked over to her. She noticed his face immediately. "Gianna... we need to talk please..." he said to her desperately.

"There is nothing to talk about...

" you know that that was not the real me... I have never raised my hand to you, I lost it... I admit I lost control... I'm sorry... baby please talk to me..."

"I won't be treated like that by anyone... I really thought you were a different man... But the jealousy of my ex that is a whole different level for you.. you can't accept him.. ...

"After what he did to you, the way he treated you... I can't accept him back in your life back around our son..."

" He may have done some things to me... but he never once put his hands on me in the way that you did... You could've killed me, you didn't stop until you were ready to stop... I have never seen you that way before and if you've done it once it kind of opens the door for you to be able to do it again... but it won't be to me..." she told him. "It's over...

Nathan just stared at her. "No it's not.. i'm going to show you that I am not that man, that was just a crazy moment in my life... I love you Gianna...."

"Can you leave please.." she said hoping that he would listen to her seeing as there was no one else around at the moment and she knew that Rhonda wasn't there.

He stared at her for a few seconds and then he turned and got back in his car he backed out down the driveway but he was staring at her the entire time. She felt her heart rate lessen as his car pulled away. She took a deep breath inside out heavily, before she let the floodgates open and the tears fell on to her cheeks. She never believed that he would ever do anything like that to her. She knew that Jamie always brought out the worst in people, just the same as it happened with Jayden. But there was no way she could accept any man beating on her....