Chapter 16 - out of the blue

"Qian is in bed exhausted after the day he had.... I'm tired to I was just about to lock up.... Do you mind doing it seeing as you're stood there...
Gianna turned to walk up the stairs. She was jolted back suddenly as she got on to the first couple of stairs, she was pulled back and hit the floor hard with a bang, winding her.
"Owwww.... Fuck....
She didn't even realise in that split second that it had been Nathan who ragged her back, until he was standing over her, his face expression straight.

"What was he doing here.. HUH!.."

Her head hurt from how hard she hit the floor. She tried to scramble to sit up but he grabbed her hair in his fist and crouched next to her as he held her face to the floor firmly. "I asked you a fucking question... you dare have him in my house when I'm not here.. what the fuck was he doing here!..." he said his anger over flowing.

"Nathan... please... you're hurting me...

"You just can't be straight with me when it comes to him can you... you ungrateful, deceitful bitch!." He pulled her up by her hair and he beat her in her head, in her face, all over her body. She screamed in pain and tried to defend herself but he was relentless in his onslaught.

Every blow landed on her body with force and pained immediately. She shut off what she was feeling and just hoped that her son wouldn't come out of his room and witness this.

"MAYBE... next time you'll think twice before allowing him or any other man inside my home while I'm not here..." he snapped at her through gritted teeth.

Gianna was startled and just stayed in a ball on the floor next to the radiator. He had never, ever been violent with her before so she was not expecting it. He shut off the lights and headed up to the bedroom just leaving her there.

He opened Verne's door but she had her headphones on and was completely oblivious, his outburst and rage was so quick and over powering that he didn't even think about anyone else hearing him, not until it was over.

He then checked on Qian and he slept through anything so for this time he was glad of that. He then went into the bedroom, took off his clothes and sat on the edge of the bed.

He flexed his fingers and looks at his bruised and swollen knuckles

He flexed his fingers and looks at his bruised and swollen knuckles. He took a deep breath and swallowed hard, before he finished undressing and got into bed.

———

Verne was first up the next morning she went straight down to the kitchen, humming to herself as if she hadn't arrived home in a bad mood last night. She poured herself a fresh coffee. And then she heard Qian get up. "Do you want some breakfast lil man?." She asked him, ruffling his hair as he neared her,

"Yes please... I saw my daddy yesterday, my other daddy and he was on stage rapping..

"Was he.. wow," she smiled for him as she poured the milk on his cereal. "He was here last night too...

"Was he?... I didn't see him," he said as he had been asleep when Jamie had arrived.

Verne pursed her lips ready to tell Nathan that he had been there and not for Qian.

Nathan came downstairs putting on his tie and holding his briefcase. "Verne.. I'm gonna need you to take Qian to school for me this morning please.. G isn't feeling too good." He said and hugged Qian.

"Yeah no worries." Verne said wanting to get back on his good side to rekindle what they had.

———

"... damn, you've got a spring in yo step man?." Redden said to Jamie as he walked into the venue he was going to be having his new music video shoot. "Would this have something to do with Dakota being in LA?." He grinned.

"Naw.. I had a catch up with my son's mama last night...

 I had a catch up with my son's mama last night

"Gianna?."

"Yep." He said with a smile. "It was just like old times.. I feel like we could really get this relationship back on track..

"Forsaking all others including Dakota...

"Maybe it's time man, maybe I am ready to be a better man for both G and Qian man.." he said. He still had time to check out the girls that would he appearing in his video as they walked out of the trailer in next to nothing,
Redden laughed at him and shook his head.
"Aye! A man can look right.. as long as these hands stay where they supposed to right?." He said and smirked.

He really was on cloud nine after finally airing some of the issues that he and Gianna had with each other. He just wanted her to see how much he wanted them with him,

——-

Gianna walked down the stairs precariously. Her body hurt as if she had been at the gym for a hardcore hot long session. She was hoping that everyone had gone, she had only come down because it were quiet. She didn't expect to see Nathan waiting for her in the lounge.
He looked at her, he saw the mess of her face and he took a deep breath.
"Do you need to see a doctor.. I can take you to see one.. you just have to tell them you fell..."

"I'm fine." She mouthed. "I'm going to go and stay with Rhonda.. I'm taking Qian.."

Nathan jumped up and Gianna flinched back. "You're not going anywhere G.. last night was just a one off.. this is how crazy you get me over you and Jamie fucking Logan.." he said his jaw clenched as he mentioned his name.

"He came here to see Qian, nothing more nothing less.. he just didn't want us to leave the guy as quickly as we did he was hoping to spend time with Qian.." she said. She turned to go back upstairs hugging both of her arms.

"You're not going to Rhonda's we are going to sit and talk this out properly... G..
She turned and looked at him.
"You know me.. I've never been like that before.. you know that right?.. you drove me to that point last night when you just wouldn't fucking tell me why he was here, or even that he had been here..."

"I'm gonna pack a bag for me and Qian..." she said and just continued up the stairs.

He felt his anger rising, just as Verne arrived back at the house. She looked at him and smiled, "he is one hyper lil man this morning..." she paused. "Are you okay?."

"Naw, not really.. I'm not going into work today... go to that hotel" he said handing her his credit card, "get us that room right at the top with the view and I'll meet you there in a short while.. I need to fully unwind..."

"Okay:" she said liking the sound of that.

Nathan then headed upstairs. He watched Gianna grabbing some bits for herself and Qian and putting them in a bag. "So this is it?.. after everything..

"After everything?.. you beat me last night.. how do you expect me to even think about us as an option now...

He wanted to stop her, but he was too angry right now and it would have ended the same way as the night before, for now he had to let her go, but it was by no means the end as far as he was concerned....