Chapter 25 - Worried

"... What! Gianna was arrested... for what exactly?"

"Murder... The handle of the knife used to stab her friend, it had just one set of prints on there, and it was hers... There wasn't a sign of anyone else...

Nathan sat back in his office chair, his brow furrowed, he couldn't get over this. "Are you sure, Gianna just isn't the type...

" There is no evidence... And her alibi, could be a forged alibi..."

" if she has an alibi, why are you just trying to keep pinning this on her?" Nathan asked the detective, who happened to be a very close friend of hers.

"You're not gonna like it... She said she stayed the night at Jamie Logan's house...

Nathan went quiet, hearing that was like a blow to his chest, winding him.
"Do what you can to throw everyone off, I will bail her out, I will come down to the station and collect her now...

"Nathan, this is a murder case...

"I'm telling you, she didn't do it... I hate to admit it, but she probably did spend the night with that motherfucker... bail her.. i'll pay... And I'll be at the station shortly to collect her.." he said and ended the call abruptly.

Nathan had friends in high places, he was an astute businessman. He knew a lot of people in the LAPD, also in the district attorneys office. He was friends with congressmen and councillors. He got up from his desk, picked up a suit jacket and his car keys and headed off with a face like thunder.

————

"... can I grab you for a second...?

Jamie walked with Cody to a quieter part of the studio. "What is it?" He asked.

"So it is true that you and Gianna are back together?" She said

" it is heading that way, Cody... You know how I feel about her, this isn't New ... But I don't want it to come between us and our friendship and our business relationship... I need you to set up my tours, you're the only one who can set up the right accommodation and get me the right food... Nothing changes, Cody... I will never be a good match for you, I can barely get it together for G... you deserve better... so can we please just get back to being friends?."

She smiled at him. " I really do have to say that since you have come out of jail, you are a different man... The type of man I wish you were years ago... she would be very lucky this time around to have a man like you I just hope she realises how much you've changed..."

" it will take time, I did hurt her... But I need her to know that I love her, and I always have...

"Aye!.. Ja!...
He turned and looked to hear Justin calling him. Then his eyes fell to the detectives who had just walked into the studio.

He stared at them. He could feel his blood boiling his lip curled at the side. If there was one thing he couldn't stand, it was the feds.
"What do you want.."

" Nice to see you too, Mr Logan..." they walked closer to him. " I want to ask you a couple of questions about last night...

"I was at home all night, so whatever yo asses are here for it's nothing to do with me.." he said.

"So quick to jump" the female detective said that sarcasm. "Were you at home alone?"

"Honestly, do I look like the type of Man that spends his nights alone" he smiled, and Justin and Kelvin sniggered. "No, I was not alone... I was with my girl...

"You're girl?... What is her name?"

"Gianna Thorn ... me and the mother of my son are getting reacquainted, you feel me." He said.

"Was she with you all night?"

"Yo, what the fuck is this about"

"just answer the question Mr Logan, what time did she arrive and what time did she leave?"

"we had dinner with our son... She was there from 630 yesterday until seven-ish this morning" he told them. "I can give you her details and you can talk to her, she will vouch for me, I'm not having y'all pin shit on me"

" Actually, it is Gianna that we need to know the whereabouts off?

Jamie just stared. "What, why?"

"She is a suspect in a murder that took place last night... Did she leave your place at all between the hours of 830 until midnight... I mean at all, for any reason?"

He shook his head, the shock on his face evident. "No, she was with me all night" he paused. "Where is she now?"

"She is being held at the station for further questioning...

The detectives left, and Jamie looked across his son, who was oblivious to what had just happened, because he was in the booth with Cody.

————-

".... You're free for now... but your bail does have conditions" the officer said as he released Gianna.

She walked outside of the station, completely rocked by what had happened, and the fact that the finger was pointing at her. As she stepped down the steps and looked ahead of her. She saw Nathan standing there. "What are you doing here?" She said to him.

"I would've thought you would've been a little bit more grateful seeing as I posted your bail and got you out of there!." He said.

" I do not want anything from you... How the hell did you even know I was there...

"You seem to forget that I know a lot of people Gianna... word travels fast when it is something to do with someone I know.."

Gianna shook her head in pure disbelief at her entire situation. "I did not kill Rhonda... This whole thing is crazy, why would I do that to her... but what I need to know is who did.. and why?.." She said, with tears welling in her eyes.

"I know you didn't do this Gianna.. like I also know you were with him last night.. the thug..."

She looked at him. "And so what... like you even have a say in what I do.. you lost the rights to me the day you put your hands on me... I didn't ask for your help, so just leave me the fuck alone!." She walked away from him.

Nathan went after her and grabbed her arm pulling her to face him.
A car screeched up beside them, Jamie jumped out, he grabbed Nathan and flung him against the wall.
"Mother fucker did I see you with yo fucking hands on her?... what the fuck did I tell you!.. HUH!.."

"Where were you when I posted her bail?... you will never be able to do for her what I can..." he gritted his teeth. "Last night, you and her was the one and only time that will be fucking happening...

Jamie stared at him, and then laughed in his face. "Get the fuck outta here... you talk shit.. and I don't have time for you..."

Nathan looked at Gianna as Jamie shoved him away. "Remember what I just did for you!." He said to her...