𝟔 ; 𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐮𝐭𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐰𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐝

>> YJH POV <<

The skies had already dimmed drastically.

I walked into the peering night and went through the alley behind the restaurant. I had already felt the presence waiting for me.

I stepped in further and noticed a feminine figure in the dark. Her hair flowed delicately and her figure resembled a fragile vase.
It was our waitress.

"Yoo Junghyeok," she called.
"Lee Seolhwa," I answered.

'Lips like red roses and hair as snow-covered hills.' This how everyone knew her. Lee Seolhwa used to be the medic, the healer, and also; my ex-lover.

Seeing her like this made me recall the times of my 2nd regression. I shivered to the deepening thoughts.
...It was over now.

After the scenarios came to an abrupt end, the party scattered and everyone took on new challenges to adapt to the real world again.

Han Sooyoung continued to write stories.
Kim Dokja was offered a high paying job after the Star Stream collapsed.
Just like that, everyone began to stray their own paths.

Lee Seolhwa smiled weakly to my sight. "Junghyeok," she began. "Is life treating you well?"

I quietly nodded. "Yes."
"Then why are you so broken, Junghyeok?"

To Seolhwa's words, a part of me wanted to break down in her arms again. "I don't understand."

"Understand what, Junghyeok? I see it. Something in your eyes is shattering. Tell me what it is," Seolhwa persisted.

She knew how to get to me. This woman in fact was someone I had loved. Therefore, she knew where words stung me most.

The growing night sky poured onto us as we stood across each other in silence. Seolhwa continued to speak. "Is it a woman bothering you?"

"Nothing is bothering me."

After that, Seolhwa took a moment to speak again. Her eyes darted upwards and she thought.
"Really? Then what is it that I see in your eyes?"

"You are mistaken."

I began to hear the muffled conversations of people inside the restaurant. Suddenly, she spoke again.

"Is it Kim Dokja?"

. . .