𝟐𝟐 ; 𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐬 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐤

>> KDJ POV <<

They stared at me.

I suddenly regretted lifting myself from the seat.
"I'm going."

I was mad. I was really mad at Junghyeok.
Something didn't sit well with me, and the anger built up inside my chest and made my heart beat irregularly.

Junghyeok held my palm and he looked at me.
"Where are you running off to?"

I felt my eyes get teary. Why...?
What was I getting so worked up for? Fucking idiot.
This never happened. It wasn't me. It wasn't Junghyeok.

None of it was real.

I snatched my hand away. "Don't touch me."

* * *

>> YJH POV <<

After Kim Dokja took off, I began to come to my senses.

Perhaps after last night, I was overwhelmed and continued speaking recklessly in the name of 'recovery'.

Kim Dokja was obviously not thrilled by it.
And honestly, neither did I. Those foolish things came out of my mouth unknowingly.

Han Sooyoung looked at the restaurant door which Kim Dokja had gone through. "He seriously stormed off...?"

"What did we say? It's unlike Dokja to run like that," Yoo Sangah murmured.

I felt a wave of guilt pour on me.
"It's not his fault."

They watched me. The atmosphere turned tense, as if everyone was keeping something from each other. Thousands of unspoken words became a thick air and choked me.

It seemed as if the restaurant had gotten quieter. It was uneasy. Hence, I decided to leave too.

"Sooyoung," I called. "If that's all you wanted to say, I'm leaving too."

Han Sooyoung nodded. "Okay, then."
She seemed a bit down, and it bothered me. But I would do something to make up for it later.

Yoo Sangah added some final words.
"Please apologise to Dokja on our behalf,"

I nodded and got up. I whispered to myself,
"Dokja doesn't need an apology from you."
He needed it from me. Wherever he ran off to, he wanted some sincere words from me.

And by the way... the "don't touch me" was intense.
It was unfamiliar. Kim Dokja was never mad at me. He was an idiot, but I liked that about him.

I lowered my eyes and left the restaurant, taking one last look at Sooyoung and Sangah.

I inhaled and thought to myself.

I needed to find Kim Dokja.

.  .  .