𝟐𝟑 ; 𝐒𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐠𝐧𝐚𝐰 𝐚𝐭 𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭

" writer's note : apologies for the long wait! ⭐️

>> YJH POV (2) <<

It was new to me. But many things were new to me after Kim Dokja showed up.

However, seeing him upset like that and leave was very unfamiliar.

I tugged my shirt and roamed under the skies which poured of twilight. It had begun to get dark already.

I had been wandering for about 27 minutes, yet I didn't know exactly where Kim Dokja could be. I checked the gardens, the alleyways, yet it was futile.
Had he gone home? Really?

I decided to walk towards his apartment after some consideration.

The autumn trees bent down in my way and moved gently to the wind's quieting whisper.
The city was resting this season. Soundly and well, under blankets of fallen leaves.

I came across many thoughts on my way.
If Kim Dokja is really upset because of me, will a simple apology work?
...Apology. It was incredibly unlike me. As I've stated before, many things were new after he appeared.

Hence I kept wondering, and eventually I reached his gate.

***

>> KDJ POV <<

I sat idly on my couch and looked back at times where we were dominated by the Star Stream.

Yoo Junghyeok and I were companions. We saved each other and he was my drive. Seeing him with my very eyes made my heart throb.

Veins which were emptied before in a time which seemed like a past life were revived by his sole existence. My cause. He was what drove me.

And I've loved him with all I had. My purpose was to watch his journey, and to be a part of it. It was harrowing progress, since trust was not a simple word.

But there were days when I had imagined something further than love. It was similar to what happened last night. ...But, I didn't except anything.

However I had never imagined him to reciprocate the thoughts, and then recklessly act them. So announcing something like that without my consent was off-putting.
Yes, for the first time, I was mad at him.

Then, somebody had rung the doorbell. I lifted myself from the couch and opened the door, revealing a tall figure.

I gritted my teeth. "Yoo Junghyeok."

. . .