𝟏𝟗 ; 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

>> KDJ POV <<

Yoo Junghyeok watched me.
"What does she want now?"

I looked down again. "I'm curious of what she wants to tell us..."

Looking at Junghyeok brought me shame.
We had to keep that secret between us forever.
... No one must know.

I picked up my coat which was lying on the chair beside me and stood up firmly. "I'm going to meet her. Do what you want."

I hoped my agitation was conveyed to him well.

But instead, Junghyeok laughed. "Wait, I'll come with you too. I'm also curious of what she wants to tell,"
I squinted my eyes and observed him for a moment.

...He never acted like this. It was fortunate, however. Maybe he had recovered— or maybe he healed too much.

I began to walk out of the door and Junghyeok gripped my palm.
I flinched.

"What the fuck are you doing?!"

"Holding your hand. Now walk."

* * *

I controlled my anger and refrained from snapping at him. Something felt wrong.
I don't remember Junghyeok being like this.

He seemed...
Happy?

We walked through the city together and encountered a new feeling on the way.

I turned to Junghyeok beside me who seemed to be smiling.
At that moment, I stopped resisting him. His smile brought me an unexplainable pour of assurance.
Hence, I appreciated him more than anyone.

We took a turn past a streetlight and walked through the narrow alley in the daylight. I felt warm rays graze my skin delicately.

I spotted a sign hanging from a building and gestured to Junghyeok. We silently walked over to the small restaurant and through the stained window, I saw a familiar figure.

If one payed attention, they would see her undeniable beauty. Cat eyes on her round face, long eyelashes, hair which brilliantly flowed to her shoulders, and a signature mole under her eye.

Han Sooyoung was waiting for us inside.

Despite the unclean window, Han Sooyoung looked brilliant. It was impossible not to admit.

...And I hadn't noticed before, but there was someone else with Sooyoung.

A feminine figure watched me silently from inside.

...Who?

.  .  .