𝟐𝟏 ; 𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐯𝐞

>> KDJ POV (3) <<

In the entirety of Ways of Survival, there was never a moment for Junghyeok to be 'happy'.
There simply wasn't time for that.
Countless victories and many praises. Yet there was never time to dwell on it.

Watching his companions die over and over again, with those desensitising scenes playing endlessly  in his head— there wasn't anything left inside of him.

But I changed him. It may seem selfish, but I know I truly did. He acted differently. He thought differently. He was a Junghyeok which I never would have imagined.

...That's why I was unfamiliar with this. What was going on?

Yoo Sangah stared. "Y-you two?"

He nodded. "Yes."

I clenched my fists. This bastard...
"Hey. I don't know what he's saying but—"

Suddenly, Han Sooyoung laughed. "I knew it,"

I stared blankly. "Eh?"
What did she mean?

Sooyoung adjusted her hair and opened her mouth.
"Your relationship was bound to end up like this. You two have saved each other countless times, helped each other, and even mocked each other like a couple. It is simply fate,"

I was taken aback. "How does saving each other have anything to do with being in love? It's just what companions do."

Companions...that word...
Junghyeok and I were companions.

But do companions do what we did?
Was it still the world to use despite what happened last night?

I shivered and stayed silent.

Sangah spoke this time. "What she means is that your relationship was unlike a friendship. There is something about you two which makes me think 'they are soulmates'."

Hearing this conversation was unexpected...I was so confused. Soulmates? We weren't even dating.

But I allowed them to speak these things.
Why? I didn't know.

Junghyeok grinned and glanced at me.
No...this wasn't right.

If I was honest, yes. I loved Junghyeok. Maybe I really did. It was a feeling that begin to linger inside my heart after yesterday.

But so suddenly, he spoke without thinking of me.
It's...
I didn't like it a lot.

Junghyeok and the two women laughed and exchanged remarks. But I couldn't hear it. As if it was muffled.

Somethings which I hadn't imagined to be revealed like that. It wasn't even true.
I looked at the three and sunk my head into my elbow.

I then stood up and everyone looked at me.

.  .  .