𝟖 ; 𝐀𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐤𝐲

>> KDJ POV <<

* * *
Han Sooyoung walked home alone.

After Junghyeok came back, he had a disgruntled attitude painted over his face. He didn't even tell us why.

Since me and Junghyeok live quite near to each other, he offered to walk me home.

I raised my arm in aim to catch the wind. "What a beautiful weather," I said.
I didn't know how to make conversation with him. In Ways Of Survival, it never spoke how either.

"It is quite favourable."
This will do.

I leaned to his side. "Do you feel okay now?"
He flinched and replied, "The food was terrible."
I watched him and laughed.
"It was."

In the deepening night, we continued to walk along the sidewalk covered in dried leaves. The city was most pretty this time of the year.

I wonder how he felt now. I could tell by his house that he had cleaned it earlier. And I hoped going outside would get him to recover. But recovery was a slow process, after all.

After a while we arrived at the familiar scenery of my apartment building. See, I was popular after the fall of the Star Stream. I wasn't broke anymore; I made a considerable amount of money after the scenarios ended.

I stopped and turned to Junghyeok who was watching the apartment entrance with widened eyes. "Should I come up with you?" he asked.

... It was a new feeling. Whenever I was alone with him, there was always a swarm of butterflies nestle within me. Warm cries of their wings soothed my heart. His gentle glare lulled the dark inside me.

Every since I was a kid, he was all I had. My only protagonist. 3,149 chapters of his tale. His tale I strived to read, for it was all I had ever known.

And when the apocalypse came upon us, to see him before my very eyes...
A sequence of my life played before me.
The time in my high school where I constantly harassed— or when I visited my mother in prison.
Ways Of Survival was all I had in those pitiful times.

I nodded. "Yes."

. . .