𝟏𝟐 ; 𝐀 𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐝𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐬

>> YJH POV (3) <<

Those words he whispered on my shoulder grew across my skin.
He moved his eyes upwards and watched my face for a reaction.

He was a hopeless fool.
The atmosphere turned hazy; like a fog clouded the uneasy emotions. His wrist lightly shook with each moment I didn't respond.

I blinked slowly and answered.
"Yes,"

The bed made a sound as he reached closer to me. We both instinctively raised our heads a little and fastened our eyes on each other's.

'I never thought much of him.' Saying such a selfish phrase would be a lie. I thought about him constantly. I only remembered life once he entered it.

In the dazing atmosphere he created, his lips met mine. Slowing moments and relieving pains. All my worries which seemingly grew began to subside to his kiss.

I hoped he thought the same.

After a short moment, he pulled away.
"I'm sorry. This is not right."

I watched him with narrowed eyes. "What are you talking about? You wanted this."

"I know. But..."

"But what?" I snapped, in a rash voice. It was upsetting. He made me this kind of person and then suddenly pretended to be clueless.

Kim Dokja touched my face. "These past days," he muttered. "Were you upset because of me?"

I stared anxiously. What a brat. The audacity he had to ask me such a question.
"Shut it, Kim Dokja."

"No, no. Tell me honestly," he said. "Just answer me." His tone became sharper; as if he was truly curious.

I began to unknowingly shiver. But the room wasn't cold; it was his unwelcoming embrace.

The window across the room began to shake and the night grew more grim.

"Yes." I swallowed.

I hadn't understood it well, but there was a shift of emotion on Kim Dokja's face to my response. I couldn't understand what he thought.

He looked at me with pitying eyes. I didn't need his pity.
"I knew it, you make it...obvious."

. . .