His Cuteness

Orion

I watched as the Alpha and his son walked out of the front door of Radley's house. The Alpha stepped across the front porch, head held high, looking down his nose, an arrogant air about him.

I scrunched up my nose.

He looked like an asshole.

Prick.

His son held back, loitering near the open door and I pressed further into the tree I was hiding behind, my hands resting on the cool bark.

I watched as Radley stepped into the open doorway, his hands wrapped around his slim waist. He looked up at the young alpha as the taller wolf stopped to face him. Radley gazed up at the other wolf as the young alpha reached over and ran a finger down Radley's cheek. Radley shivered at his touch, his eyes never leaving the young alpha's face.

A cold feeling bloomed from my chest, snaking down my arms, chilling my blood. I gripped onto the tree as I peered around it, unable to tear my eyes away.

Gritting my teeth, I saw Radley lean into the other man's touch, his eyes glazing slightly, a look of awe on his beautiful face. The younger alpha moved in closer to Radley, his hand moving to cup Radley's cheek, his thumb rubbing Radley's skin. I saw his other hand go to Radley's waist, wrapping it around him, pulling the smaller man closer.

What ... what was going on? Why was he doing that to Radley?

"Alaric!" The Alpha boomed.

I ducked behind the tree once more at the sound of the Alpha's voice. His tone left no room for argument and I poked my head around the tree again and saw the young alpha walk down the front yard of Radley's house.

Alaric. So that's the name of the young alpha.

Why didn't I know that before?

When he reached the main walkway, Alaric turned around to look at Radley, who was still standing in the open doorway of the house, his mouth open, his eyes on Alaric.

A look passed between them ... something ....

What was that?

They both stood and stared at each other - Alaric on the walkway, Radley almost tucked into the house. Their eyes were locked and I was pretty sure that if I walked right up to one of them right now, they wouldn't even know I was there.

My jaw was starting to hurt as my teeth ground together. I could feel my fingers digging into the bark of the tree in front of me, but I couldn't tear my eyes away from the two men as they continued to gaze at each other, almost as if they were completely in awe of the other.

"Come on, Alaric," the older Alpha ordered. He sounded further away, like he hadn't stopped walking down the road, but the tone of his voice still left no room for argument.

I watched as Alaric's shoulders slumped a little and he slowly turned his back on Radley, his eyes being the last thing to face forward.

Lifting his head, he spotted the older alpha further up ahead, and jogged to catch up with him.

But I wasn't paying attention to them.

My eyes were trained on the young man that was watching Alaric run along the walkway.

A cold breeze blew past, chasing leaves, pushing branches. The grey clouds overhead promised rain and the chill in the air felt colder than before.

As the leaves danced along the path leading to the front door, Radley blinked a couple of times, seemingly breaking from the trance he was in. I saw him run a hand down his face as he swept his gaze over the front yard, the road, the woods ... and finally landed on me.