His Pain

Alaric

My arms tightened around Radley's torso as he snuggled closer, sighing in his sleep. Burying my nose in his hair, I breathed him in, my wolf rubbing against the edge of my mind, relishing in the scent of our mate.

It was the first time Radley had been in my room, and I wasn't about to let him sleep anywhere else from now on.

Last night had been the best nights' sleep I'd ever had. Lying next to him, snuggled up close, my wolf had been content, and all I'd felt was a sense of peace wash over me.

This.

This was what I wanted.

To wake up next to Radley.

Every morning.

For the rest of my life.

I felt his fingers gently press against my bare chest and I tightened my grip. I wasn't ready for him to wake up yet. He'd had a late night with me.

Sighing, I thought back to the night before. When I climbed through his bedroom window, it was shock that had registered on his face, then curiosity, and wonder. And my wolf ... all he could think about was mating with him, claiming him, making him mine.

But then, when I'd brought Radley back here, to my room, for a second he'd felt frightened and that had been enough to force my wolf back into submission and lessen the heat pouring through my veins.

Radley had been scared. Only for a second. But that was a second too long. He shouldn't ever be scared. Not with me. And it was enough to shock my wolf, to pull me out of my rut, to calm down my body.

My wolf had thought he'd scared Radley, and that was enough to bring him back to his senses. To stop him from wanting to mate with Radley. Instead, he just wanted to comfort our mate. To show him he was loved in another way.

Going down on him ... that was my idea. To bring him pleasure. To taste him.

And he tasted amazing.

Now that feeling, that pleasure that he'd experienced ... that was what I wanted him to feel with me. Not fear.

Radley shifted a little, his legs tangled with mine, and I leaned my head against his.

What was I going to tell him about Orion? About the fact that we had him in our cells ... as a prisoner. Did Radley know he was a hunter?

Did he know why Orion was here in the first place?

Orion had told me that he was planning to see Radley last night. That Radley was waiting for him. Maybe he didn't know that Orion was a hunter. Maybe Radley was doing what any wolf would do in his situation ... being intimate with his mate. I mean, I was pretty sure they were mated because ... well ...

Was that how this worked? Were all three of us mated like that?

Only one way to find out ... once Radley was awake, I'd take him down the cells. Let him see Orion. Try to explain it all to him.

If I could.

Dad still hadn't told me what he'd found in the library about a wolf having two mates. I'd been a little ... distracted ... last night.

Sunlight peeked through the little gaps in the curtains, casting stripes across my bedroom. I wasn't sure what time it was. I had turned off my alarm last night. I hadn't wanted to wake Radley early. Instead, I wanted to make the most of being in bed with my mate.

Usually, I'd be up early and out in the field at the back of the house, training with the guards and warriors. Shifting in and out of wolf form, getting my body used to being in a battle. Not that I was planning on finding a fight.